• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn
    It is strange how Thorn has always felt like he does and does not belong equally. Living amongst his rambunctious sibling has left him with a happy heart, but not a full one, and he wonders what lives beyond the loving family that keeps him warm at night.

Are there those out there that wish to leave him cold? Or those that wish to be the campfire to his cold winter’s night?

The two year old smiles sweetly to himself, chin tucked shyly to his chest. It seems as if the world wishes to make him moody, but not a single shadow can blight the glow on his face. Thorn has kind eyes and a gentle step, even when furiously driven by his curious and hungry heart. As he steps from the comfort of his family’s nest in Tephra, he gets the sense that it is time he leaves for good; it is not that he feels he cannot come home, but that he is riding a year old, and it may be time to find a nook of his own.

The river arrives on that warm thought, a dreamy tilt of his head leading his eyes skyward. He hardly notices the girl when he collides with her. Only when he rears back in embarrassment does he fully see her. His heart skitters in his chest, both from shame and surprise at such a graceful face.

“You didn’t need to,” he blurts, then shakes his head. He takes a step back, peering at her with panic that slowly fades to wonder. “What - uh - what were you doing in the water?” he stutters, feeling the blush in his cheeks harshen.
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn - by thorn - 09-09-2019, 10:43 PM