• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when the truth hunts you down; Aten

She's got the devil's eyes

She remains silent as he informs her of the plans Lepis had shared with him. She had shared a great deal it seems, but ultimately, not the most important piece of her ideals. Had Lepis not chosen to bring her squabble to them in such a manner, Heartfire might have been more inclined to treaty with her. But she hadn’t. And as the false comtesse would no doubt soon learn, Heartfire is not a woman to be crossed lightly.

After he finishes, she considers for a moment before affirming, “That’s correct.” Her gaze shifts almost thoughtfully to the landscape as the walk silently for a few paces. “She made that very overture to me,” she finally continues, eyes cutting back to the red stallion. “Or rather, threat. As you can imagine, I didn’t take kindly to it.”

She stares at him for a moment, considering Aten baldly before adding bluntly, “That is not where her plans end though.” The words are sharper now. Harder. “Her goal is Beqanna.”

A small, icy smile flashes briefly across her lips as she says that, though it is as humorless as her stony blue eyes. “You can understand then, why I cannot let that happen.” She slows then, coming to a halt as her gaze fixes meaningfully on her companion. “I intend to ensure Taiga is placed back in your keep, if you will pledge your aid when the time comes.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-05-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Heartfire - 09-17-2019, 09:51 AM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-23-2019, 08:06 PM