• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  blood sweat and heartbeats; any
    KENSA
    we were golden. we were fire. we were magic.

It is Leilan who joins her, he takes his time but she pays no mind. Let him watch her or deliberate on if he really wants to speak with her. It is easy to imagine herself to be poor company after these weeks of withdrawing.

Yet he comes up alongside her in the end. Close, filling her vision with his roan bulk and coaxing a single gold trimmed ear to train on him. She’s played the game too many times to misunderstand the proximity, and her wry smile is little more than a disheartened flicker on pale lips. It bothers her that there is nothing in her that wants to entertain an attraction, she is far from repulsed by her lieutenant...and wouldn’t it be a chance to forget a few things and while away an hour or two? So she tries. Nostrils flare to draw on the appealing masculinity of his scent, her focus turning to the radiant coolness that presses out from his side, the sound of his measured breaths.

There is nothing but a sensation of staggering and close nothingness. A discordant and defiant note like a gong mistruck. Magnets repelling. All the vibrant sexual energy that once helped define her is deadened and mute.

It's frustrating but Kensa feels something like resignation far more keenly. 

He might expect her to reach out or refuse but instead she remains exactly where she is, reminding herself over and over that she deserves nothing but this null, this spent -whore blankness. Tilting her head to look at Leilan, Kensa’s topaz eyes display all the weariness that her unnatural beauty will permit. “Something unusual, I wager. What do dragons do for fun? …other than roosting and brooding, of course.” The Primarch manages to tease him, turning her ears back and tipping her chin up. Her heart manages a guilty ache at the light-heartedness but this is better than nothing at all. Flicking her tail at him she pulls away a few steps. “Come on Leilan, let's go find some entertainment. Show me how to hunt something… or are you not that kind of dragon?” This is said with some consternation, she is not at all interested in offending the scaled beast. If she knew him better she might explain, I’d bed you if I didn’t feel like a hollow worthless thing, but you’d be sorry in the end. or say why are you bothering with me, don’t you have a woman with a soul tucked away somewhere? but as they are only just compatriots she bids for lighter (if bloody) fare and hopes he doesn’t take it for rejection.

[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 08-30-2019, 02:57 AM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-08-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 10-26-2019, 04:21 AM