• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Lepis] you just walk away from me

He begins kicking at the tree in frustration, knocking pieces of the bark loose. That he should not destroy things is clearly not a rule he has ever been forced to uphold, so many years spent living as he pleases assuring that certain social standards simply did not exist for him. He likes the solidness that meets his hooves. The hard feeling he gains back, but it is short lived. The rain an ever fearful reminder as it plops upon the tree’s large leaves.

If Thales had been smarter, or, rather, had actually considered others, he may have been all to aware that it would be obvious that Lepis has noticed that he has been creeping around Taiga for some time now. But, as it is, Thales has hardly regarded her in much the same way he disregards so many.

Green eyes turn to face her. He never did like strangers. He always had remained to dangerously wary of those around him. It is clear in way he huddles his body further under the tree, his eyes are cold, but they hold little malcontent, he lacks a certain need for malicious intentions. There is much space still between them, but he already deems her close enough. His ears slide only forward when she begins to speak, cutting herself off before all the tumble from her tongue. “Why are….you…in the rain?” To his mind the question is simple, his fractured, broken words a struggle to force out. She was a silly girl, standing in the rain like that. The shaggy stallion continues to stare out at her unblinking, clearly waiting for some sort of answer.

Her words though, they manage to catch his attention. Stop the rain? Or rather, make it not bother him. “How do…you do that?” He asks, in that baritone voice of his, clearly weary of some sort of trickery afoot here. “Do it,” he says, his voice seeming to even change his tone, indicating perhaps for the first time (if she has not yet already noticed)…..he is not really all there, dilapidated mind displayed. He is so un used to company, having been alone for so long. This is strange.

“Thales,” he says, his voice, for once, clear. It would seem, despite all that his mind has been put through, he still remembers his name. He has offered it to very little in his time roaming, so Lepis should be content with his gift. It was a very good gift after all if you ask Thales.

T H A L E S

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Thales - 08-24-2019, 04:23 PM
    RE: [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Lepis - 08-24-2019, 05:19 PM
    RE: [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Thales - 09-01-2019, 04:28 PM
    RE: [Lepis] you just walk away from me - by Lepis - 09-14-2019, 09:13 AM