• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd Like To Know More [Lepis]
    Aten waited patiently in the calm silence before he nosed Lepis' arrival off to his right. The golden stallion turned his head and greeted the Queen with a friendly smile. He wanted to start this conversation off right, make things roll off his tongue with ease so that she wouldn't sense he had any ulterior motives.

Which, truthfully, he didn't, but if the mare suspected that Aten was trying to find out more details about her history, would she really be so trusting if he didn't bead around the bush at the start?

The golden stallion's gaze was unwavering, not betraying his building anxiety. He stilled his breath by blowing air from his nostrils, noting how it formed a slight cloud of fog around his muzzle as a sign that the cold season was not far off now.

"Not at all; the silence here can be quite peaceful when you are waiting for another," he offered, assuring Lepis.

He noticed the curiosity in her eyes, "Yes, there is a reason that I have called you here. However, it is not urgent, so there is no need to worry for anything."

He took a breath, "I... recently had a talk with Wolfbane, regarding each of our histories. I doubt that he told me everything, for he has no reason to share every detail of his life, but there are a number of things he did tell me that I wished to also receive your side of the story about.

"I expressed my wishes to Wolfbane for us to stand on mutual ground, and I do desire the same for us. I have never harbored ill will towards either of you, even if my attitude in the beginning said otherwise. I was merely... disappointed," he decided was the right word, "But you have not yet given me a reason to distrust your leadership of the redwoods. If you are willing to share, as Wolfbane and I did, I will impart to you any knowledge of Taiga that you wish to know. In exchange, I ask that you do share with me, but I will not ask for more than what you are willing to give."

Oh how he so wanted to change what he said to her. He very much desired to know more of her personal history, for he had a very strong gut feeling a lot of it had to do with the scars that littered the mare's body. Aten had scars of his own, but his only came with physical pain. Only the burns on his pasterns and stomach carried more of a story, and it was not even that tragic to begin with. All the emotional scars were carried in his heart, the scars still torn and bleeding, but no one knew they were there.

He would not say anything however; patience was a virtue that had grown in Aten's heart since the day of his birth. He would not achieve anything by being upfront, especially when it came to this sensitive matter. He could wait, he would.

But by the end of this, who knows? Perhaps Aten would learn something new as well, something fresh would sprout in his heart.

But first, he had to hear what Lepis had to share.

@[Lepis]

OOC: My apologies for the wait; many things have kept me busy.

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 09:01 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 08-30-2019, 08:00 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 08-31-2019, 06:40 PM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Lepis - 09-07-2019, 11:19 AM
    RE: I'd Like To Know More [Lepis] - by Aten - 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM