• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show me where my armor ends; castile
    As a child, Lepis had worked hard for her uncle’s approval. She finds that the sensation of having pleased him is not much different as an adult, and she smiles warmly up at him, her grey-blue eyes bright. He is clearly thoughtful, though the dragon still listens to what she has to say before speaking and she is grateful for the lack of interruption.

What he has to tell her is not something she knows; Lepis knowledge of the Nerenian kingdom is limited to what she had been told as child. It was not a place that her mother knew well, and Castile only ever spoke of it in fond reminisces. Though she knows the rulers have shifted from one woman to the next, she does not know them from each other. Heartfire is only a known entity for her relation to Lepis’ husband; of her ability as queen Lepis knows only that she seems content to rule an empty kingdom and is reluctant to give up what little power a quite land possesses. (Lepis is much the same way, of course, and thinks no less of her for it). 

“I’m sending out diplomats,” she tells her uncle. “To most of the lands. anyway. I intend on going to the Isle myself, and then to Nerine pending the conversation with their ruler. I hear he’s recently fended off an usurper. Perhaps he might be interested in further methods to protect his land.” Methods that she intends to let him know Nerine cannot provide. A small smile has slipped onto her navy mouth, the prospect of juggling a multitude of conversations and responsibilities is as invigorating as she remembers.

“I’d be glad to represent Loess on those trips as well,” she adds, raising one brow as she takes her gaze from the horizon back to her piebald relative. ‘May I wield the power of Loess?’ she asks without saying as much, knowing that the weight of four lands and their allies is a far more impressive show of power than arriving simply as the Comtesse of Taiga. “Perhaps save you a trip north?” she adds with a grin, rather pleased at her own wit and impudence.

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    show me where my armor ends; castile - by Lepis - 08-21-2019, 10:14 PM
    RE: show me where my armor ends; castile - by Lepis - 08-29-2019, 07:36 AM