• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a dangerous game love; litotes

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

No, he would never hurt her like that again. The woman who ran from his lion is gone. Though she does not realize that violence seethes beneath her husband’s skin because she is at that moment thinking distantly of other constellations than those mutedly catching her gaze as she watches the three infants inspecting each other. She would rise to meet him and her fury would rival his own, even though she could never beat him.

“It is…” Kensa replies absently and she should say something about how they should encourage closer bonds between the children she raises in Hyaline and those he sires beyond them. It would be a natural thing for her to say after all, but though the thought forms it bursts again and leaves her only with the nagging sensation of something forgotten.

“Starsin?” Though she knows who he means perfectly well. “I did spend some time with her, though I can’t claim to know her well. She knew me the moment she heard my name thanks to you.” A small smile pulls a the corner of her mouth but she watches his face with those topaz chakram eyes. The chestnut does not like the way she dreads some unexpected variation in his features and so lets her attention skip away, her face turning into the wind. “We only spoke a little though, I didn’t get the impression that the two of you…” Though her eyes flick to the twins they bounce quickly back to Litotes. She knows how these things sometimes go, and anyway she wasn’t worried about that when she met Starsin. She had no fears about her husband and they only spoke a little… “I enjoyed her company.” This is the truth, but saying it to Litotes suddenly feels too vulgar and so she quickly adds, “I expect I will get to know her better now.”

Even as she pretends that is enough she cannot stop talking. “Is she someone you would want me to know well?” This is that old curiosity flaring to life, morbidly perhaps. Even if she doesn't know how like serpents they are now, rivals circling one another when their prey has already escaped.

kensa
    love is madness

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-11-2019, 10:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-11-2019, 11:16 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 12:44 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 01:36 AM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by Kensa - 08-12-2019, 11:00 PM
    RE: a dangerous game love; litotes - by litotes - 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM