• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [heartfire]

K

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

The vibration continues, a thrum as deep as the rush of blood in my ears. Unreality and reality mix dangerously (just like they did on the mountain, just like they did before I died); a cold wind literally slices the skin of my chest, leaving thin rivulets of blood that pool but barely spill. The insane feeling of everything being possible sends me skittering back, weight on my haunches as though to avoid an invisible evil in front of me.

Lilli Lilli Lilli Lilli Lilli Lilli

She's not here, Kagerus.
    Who are you?

Around us, thin air snaps into harmless sparks, their hairy lights fizzling out half as quickly as another bursts.

It's only you and I.

Why?
    Why?
    Why?

Caught in the midst of a dissociative fit so strong that my bones threaten to grind to dust from the tension held in my body, reality warps.

A dream that toys with the idea of being conscious.

And she is there with me.

With me where? Here! A laugh that happens to be my own fills the space around us (the forest?), echoing and reverberating back again and again and again -- pink and blue teardrops drip from the trees above thickly, wetting our noses like slugs. Where their pigments stain our skin, our vision doubles, dimensions bending at my unknowing whim. Dreams. Reality. Another wild laugh into the void - but by the end, I'm crying.

When I find her side, I accidentally warp through her (the particles weaving my body together mimicking air). Stumbling, I try again, finally resting against her, feeling at once as though I hang from the sky and as though we are buried ten feet deep.

"I'm uh,"

Everything goes black.

When the light returns, the world seems strangely normal. I still bleed from my chest. Our skin is still stained. But all else abides by natural law.

"I'm not well, Heartfire."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [heartfire] - by Kagerus - 08-15-2019, 07:53 PM