• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Seize The Day

Flamebrand smiled as he made his way through the trees. He landed on the forest floor with a thud which he knew could be heard by all who was in that area. He really didn't want to scare them off but he is pretty sure the noise he made had done just that. He let out a sigh as he tucked his wings to his sides and begin on his stroll. He wandered who he might come across these lands. He continued on his way down the trail looking for a nice place to graze. Once he spotted a small patch of foliage he made towards that area.

FLAMEBRAND
    you can set yourself on fire, but you’re never gonna burn

@[Nimue Isolde] Sorry for the crappy starter
    She had taken to the sky so often these days, especially now that Felicitey was old enough to be on her own searching for her own place to call home, that today she decided to confine herself to a place that wouldn't let her escape so easily. She had dropped from the sky hours ago on the outskirts of the forest and with her wings tucked neatly to her sides she found comfort beneath the shade of the heavy forest trees. The sun light only filtered there in small areas not large enough for her to wish for the open sky.

She had made her way deep into the heart of the forest her white and grey feathering around her legs picking up random twigs and fallen leaves that had not yet degraded back into the ground.

She had come to Beqanna full of life and dreams of finding love and settling down. So far she had only flirted her way into conversation with only a couple other equines, none of which progressed to anything more than one day small talk. She had fallen pregnant and with the unexpected onslaught of motherhood with out a partner she had been consumed with uneasiness.

The whole situation pushed the idea of someone special completely out of mind and had lead her to spead an ungodly amount of time amongst the ever changing, but constant sky.

Why was this what her life had become? Wasn't
    she beautiful enough? Wasn't she kind enough? Her sky blue eyes trailed the divided branches above her as she walked. Only the sound of a large something coming to a standstill a short ways off infront of her pulled her attention away from her own thinking. Was it a tree that had fallen? Or something more ominous? She would need to find out for herself.

She made her way forward as a splash of reds and oranges shifting through the trees ahead caught her attention. When she passed the clearing she stopped suddenly. A handsome stallion had found his way to a thick grazing spot. Her eyes traced his body in curiosity as she stepped forward, a twinkle in her eye as she closes the space between them. She dropped her head beside his as she took a mouthful of deliciousness.

Eating, she had not done much of that lately.

When she had finished her fill she gazed at the chestnut stallion pegasus, a stark difference to her lightness of grey and white dappling along with her opal colored wings. His tresses looked as if he were on fire, and she never could resist a hot flame. Hello, what brings you to the forest today? she asked her sing song voice drifting softly between them.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Flamebrand]
    @[flamebrand]

The chestnut stallion hadn't even noticed the white and grey dappled mare grazing beside him. He looked up as she began to speak and gave her a soft smile. He began to to take in the pretty mares appearance. Hello madam. I needed some new scenery. What brings you to the forest? His voice sounded gruff compared to her soft sing song voice. He had just noticed that he hadn't even told her his name. He gave her another small smile My name is Flamebrand. What is your name? The stallion was excited to have met the mare whom stood beside him.

FLAMEBRAND

@[Nimue Isolde]
    Her blue eyes caught his attention as he looked at her when she spoke. A playful smile tugged at her lips when he called her madam, it wasn't often one found a man so chivalrous in today's world. Her ears cocked curiously towards the fiery pegasus as he talked. When he finally introduced himself and asked her name she nodded with a mischievous grin Your name fits you well, Flamebrand. My name is Nimue Isolde, but you can call me Nimue or what ever your heart desires. she said teasingly. Her gaze drifted to the filtered light above, here there was just enough room for her to escape to the sky once more but flamebrand's presence seemed to anchor her to this spot. I just came to the forest to ground myself for a while. she said with a sigh her gaze still locked on a soft white cloud passing by. Do you have a place you call home? curiosity had crept it's way into her mind as her gaze drifted back to Flamebrand.

Flamebrand had notice that Nimue's gaze had drifted towards the sky. He had even noticed the playful smile that crossed her lips. The chestnut listened to the lovely woman's words. He had changed a lot as he's gotten older and felt like this chivalrous person is who is supposed to be. Its a pleasure meeting you Nimue. Your name is as pretty as you are. He wasn't sure where home was anymore. He had been calling Taiga his home even though he hadn't officially joined. Maybe he should ask the leader for a place in the ranks. He turned his attention back to the dappled girl and said I mostly just roam in the land called Taiga.

@[Nimue Isolde]
    Nimue shuffles her opal feathers against her barrel as the handsome chestnut stranger shifts his gaze to her, complementing her in turn. Taiga.. she thinks for a moment as her long grey forelock falls between her ears to cascade softly along the curve of her cheek. Is that the large redwood forest that skirts the ocean? she nods her head as if she's already sure of the answer.

She had passed the land he talks of several times in curiosity but had never stopped to actually check it out. The trees were ancient and large in their form but despite the spacing it seemed odd to Nimue that a pegasus would willingly call a forest home. Living in a forest as a pegasus seems counter-productive. she giggles softly. How do you reach to sky? her sky blue eyes traced his wings tucked beside his barrel while her own opened softly at her sides, not reaching full wingspan but enough to move softly in the slight breeze.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Flamebrand]

The winged boy gave her a bright smile. Flamebrand said Yes ma'am that is the place. He was trying to figure out his answer to her question. He quite liked living in the trees but he had no idea why because it could get stuffy at times. Once he chose his next words he said Yes it can be stuffy there at times but I like the challenge of finding new trails and paths. He loved challenges and figuring out how to overcome them.

FLAMEBRAND

@[Nimue Isolde] sorry about the shortness
    Challenges.

Nimue's life had been nothing but challenges. She often wondered if she didn't do it to herself. Always leaving one place before she could truly know it, always running away before she could really get to form an opinion about someone - or before they could make an opinion about her.

She eyed the chestnut pegasus from the corner of her sky blue eyes. His fiery tresses danced in her reflection. She batted her eyes open and closed slowly as she considered the man that stood beside her, maybe she should stay this time?

Challenges are one way to keep life interesting. I've been thinking about dropping in on Loess, I always here they are never up to any good. She offered him a copy smile as she shook her mane out of her eyes. I'm really glad to have met you, Flamebrand.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Flamebrand] it's all good as long as you dont mind mine.. I'm still trying to figure out her personality and her posts are a little sloppy ):

Flamebrand wandered if maybe she would like to take a stroll through the trees as they talked. He heard her mention Loess and wandered what it would be like to live there. Flamebrand had noticed the way she had batted her eyes and the way she kept eyeing him. He didn't mind because he was enjoying her company. He gave her a smile as he spotted a flower in the spot the to had grazed in. He carefully plucked the flower and then he placed it gently into her mane. He said Loess seems like a nice place to live although I've never been there. Would you like to take a stroll with me? He hoped that she would say yes to taking a stroll with him. His smile brightened when he heard her say that she was glad to have met him. He said I am happy to have met you also Nimue. 

FLAMEBRAND

@[Nimue Isolde]
    A girlish smile danced across her lips when he asked her if she wanted to take a walk... no not a walk, a stroll. The gentleman in him washed over her like a cool drink amongst a hot summers day. She nodded in reply, I would love to take a stroll with you. she said in a smooth, sweet voice.

She turned from where they had been grazing her long, tail softly grazing his back legs as she moved to walk beside him. A blush creept to her cheeks as he countered her statement with his own of being happy to have met her.

They strolled through the woods, winding and weaving through the trees. Here beneath the canapy of green it was cooler. The sunlight filtered in dancing across the roots and debris from the trees. They seemed to stroll to their own slow dance, the birds chirping a tune for them, all their own.

As they walked she chewed on her lip for a moment her eyes glancing between the fiery man beside her and the path they were following. So, tell me, were you born here in Beqanna? she found herself excited to know more of who Flamebrand was, which was odd because Nimue had never found herself yearning to know anything about anyone else. Something about his gentle soul and the way his body moved fluidly next to hers, fire and embers dancing with the sky, had made her forget for the first time in a long time about the open sky above.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Flamebrand]