• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just let me cry a little bit longer, sunny

DAWN

it must be about as hard as forgetting your best friend

She had never expected their reunion to go quite this way, but by now she should be used to him shying away from her touch. He flashes back to their first meeting, where she had dubbed him Sunny, but her mind flashes back to that night in the Cove, with him pulling away and the anger that crossed his face and was gone as quickly as it had come. Bitch. She had pretended at the time not to hear, but now it is the only thing she can hear echoing across her mind, and any semblance of amusement fades from the golden unicorn’s face as she trembles, stumbling away from the man that once, she had loved as purely as the moon loves the stars.

Dawn doesn’t miss the flinch, nor the hostility on his face as he glares at her, and even as he shies away she is stepping back, back towards the shore and further away from him. He doesn’t want her touch, physically or mentally, and it breaks something deep down within her. She doesn’t understand – maybe she never truly understood the beautiful prince; maybe she had only loved him selfishly, and claimed him as her own when he has never belonged to anyone or anywhere.

Maybe they aren’t meant to fall back into their old careless ways – maybe they’re too old for all of that nonsense now, and all of the innocent love they shared as children has faded into the backs of their minds.

She is so wrapped up in her own internal panic – though it displays itself oh so externally as well, with heavy breathing and sweat beading along her brow – that his own silence is deafening as he stands there, a leg raised as though to flee if she were to draw nearer again.

When the words finally break against her mind like a wave breaking the shore in the Cove, she trembles and steps back again, shaking her head as if to clear his connection from her mind. No, she thinks, trying to restrain the tears that prick at the corners of her eyes. No, no, no. She squeezes her eyes shut tight as her hooves met solid ground, and it takes her a few more moments to open them and meet Sunny’s eyes, feeling her heart breaking again. “I can’t,” she whispers as a single tear traces its way down her cheek. “I can’t understand.”

I can’t understand why you keep leaving, why you keep breaking me every time, she thinks, trying desperately to throw up a barrier, to shield those thoughts from him. She wants him out of her head. She can’t do this anymore; she can’t keep putting herself through hell for someone who refuses to open up to her – she can’t, she can’t, she can’t. She loves him so desperately that it is shattering her very soul, but she needs him to give at least a little.

@[Rhaegor] i literally can't stop crying now
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just let me cry a little bit longer, sunny - by Dawn - 09-06-2019, 11:29 PM