• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

come down now, larke
    He’s happy to go along for the ride as her thoughts compare him to flowers and things she loves so dearly. She seems so eager for his approval and he’s quick to offer it up for her, nodding when she questions whether he actually enjoyed her healing or not. He hasn’t learned quite how to lie at this young age and so he can be trusted for the time being. But even in the future, he will only tell little lies meant to smooth over arguments or to woo girls as beautiful as her.

I wouldn’t say lost, I think. She knows the way home but she likes getting into trouble,” he explains with a laugh. “I just want to get her home before our parents come back. I wouldn’t mind if you helped me look, though. You could even stay with me forever if you like.

He wonders why no one has ever complimented her but it only compels him to continue further. A gold and black wing extends from his side and curls over her, pulling her to him in a gentle embrace as he follows her step forward. From here, he can’t find Ciara’s chaotic thoughts in the crowds around the river. But should he tell Larke that his sister won’t be found anywhere in this area? He worries she may not stay with him as long if there’s no demon child to hunt down. His first real lie, he realizes as he continues forward.

Maybe she’s hiding away from everyone else. She’s not big on crowds,” he explains, gesturing a short way from the river and past the tree line. Instinct tells him to find somewhere secluded where he can whisper in her ear without being seen. He’s young and naïve enough to obey as he takes a step in that direction, watching her curiously and perhaps too eagerly. The memory of her soft face beneath his lips has awoken a quiet hunger deep in the core of him and he’s more than happy to stoke that fire a while.

Tell me about you while we look, lovely Larke. Do you have a boyfriend or anything?” Here, he keeps his eyes trained forward so that he might watch her from his peripheral vision so as not to seem too interested. Would he stop himself if she said she did already have someone to give her heart to or would he pursue her anyway? He doesn’t quite know but he listens carefully to her thoughts as he takes another step forward.
    malone
    @[larke]

Messages In This Thread
    come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-04-2019, 12:18 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-04-2019, 04:26 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-05-2019, 12:22 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-05-2019, 12:35 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-06-2019, 03:07 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-08-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 08-21-2019, 12:43 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by larke - 08-21-2019, 02:18 AM
    RE: come down now, larke - by Malone - 09-04-2019, 12:56 PM