• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [star pony]
    She wonders if blushing is possible here. Can she feel the heat in her cheeks, creeping up her neck? It’s not the first compliment she has heard concerning her name but coming from Kagerus, it takes on a new meaning. The edges of her mouth curve up in pleasure, her blue eyes warming with delight. The world changes again, ripples and waves into something new, something no less beautiful than what was before. The pressure on her shoulder lifts and the chestnut mare finds her gaze searching through grays and pastels of the dreamscape, trying to find where the lovely wonder has gone.

From the blending of the colors, from the place where the sunrise and horizon meet, Kagerus dawns.

When the overo mare reaches out to Lilli, the crimson girl finds herself voluntary reaching towards the other mare. Their noses meet and the smile spreads, shining through the silver-blue eyes that meet Kagerus’s own. The laughter dances around them, twirls like a girl might around her first Maypole. “You are beautiful,” the chestnut replies. It is meant as a compliment but there is a determination in it, a stubbornness in Lilli that refuses that Kagerus could be anything but the ethereal being she is. Her voice comes softer now but the conviction remains, ”Surely you come from where the sweetest dreams dwell.”

The words are breathless, full of the dream itself.

Her ears pick up Kagerus’s next words and Lilli lifts her head, eager to hear what her sleeping companion has to say. That is my true identity. Hers. It is a beautiful, dazzling truth in this place and Lilli’s heart catches in her throat. ”You are two halves of the same whole,” she muses, half smiling. But the dream billows again, concern coming out in echoes around them. ”You lost her?” It is a story that Lilli knows well. Her gaze drops for a moment as she remembers. Was that was love then? Losing yourself again and again until eventually, you found it in someone else?

Somehow her heart has found its way back into her throat again. But the pain is paler here; the anguish and the regret are not so easily evoked here as they are in the light of day.

Kagerus invites Lilli to look around again, summoning the magic and miracle of this place. She listens to the melody of her words, the lightheartedness of them. Her smile catches again, unable to keep away from the charm of the dreamscape and its hostess. Lilli’s companion invites to her test this place, to create, to imagine, to dream without limitation. This place is full of infinite possibilities. There are so many things that Lilli has wondered about, has yearned for and in this moment that yearning comes as something else. It starts as a single word, a thought simply dwelling in her mind.

The chestnut tilts her head, a shy smile forming on her lips. ”Can I show you something?” Tentatively, hesitant like hands afraid they might shatter something fragile, she summons the thought into a line of words. Home. Home. Home. The word comes over and over again from the recesses of her mind, bounces of the edges of the dream until a trail appears. It hugs the edge of a bank and where the path isn’t immediately bonded with the stream, Lupines appear in all their early summer glory. Blues, purples, pinks and white all dot the river bend they find themselves in. The air is sweet with their scent, full and rich with the smell of summer.

Her lips part and she can’t catch the sound of longing that comes from her throat. This bend is imprinted on her heart, etched on along the cracks and places that Lilli so desperately longs to hide. Her face is a picture of yearning. She had been a girl when she had seen this place last and perhaps its perfection is a telltale sign of a child’s memory. But this, this was where she had been happiest. The days spent in this very spot where she and Elaina had vanquished dragons, toppled kingdoms, had shared the deepest of their worries and the highest of their hopes.

She swallows and turns her attention back to Kagerus, wondering if the other mare can know how beholden Lilli feels to her. Her blue eyes meet the nutmeg of Kagerus and Lilli smiles again. There have been days, so many days, where she feels like she is drowning and at this moment it feels as if the dreamweaver is the one who pulled her from the water. 

Kagerus has restored something lost to her though she struggles to determine what that is through the haze of this place.

”Tell me what I can do to help,” the young mare says softly, as steadfast in this wish here as she had been in the corporeal realm. ”Whatever aid I’m able to provide, I promise you have it. I’ll take you anywhere you wish to go. I’ll help you find your wife. Whatever I can do to help, I will.”

LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Kagerus] sorry for any typos.. Lil was excited <3
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [star pony] - by lilliana - 08-26-2019, 09:30 PM