• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [star pony]
    Lilli stands, the water rushing past her in a way that makes her all too aware of how bitterly cold it is. Each moment that Kagerus languishes in the river, Lilli feels her pulse race faster and faster as she struggles not to panic. All she can think of is that if this mare is seriously injured, her options of what she can do for her are severely limited. What limited healing abilities she had have long vanished since her arrival into Beqanna and her knowledge of this land is even more limited. If she is needed to find a healer or any assistance at all, her mind is reeling through the options of what she knows and where she should go. The thought of leaving Kagerus here is something that is unbearable. It is another agonizing thought that Lilli grapples with - if she would even be capable of leaving her.

Kagerus speaks and Lilli feels a rush of relief though she knows the mare isn't out of the woods yet. She lowers her delicate head to the mare, the ends of her mane becoming soaked by the waters current as they float on top. "Miss," she tries again, making sure her words are clear and concise. She doesn't know what is strange but Lilli thinks that if she can beckon Kagerus to awareness then they stand a chance of getting her out of the water, away from the frigid current and away from the imminent death that would have awaited her there if she remained. Her blue eyes seek out Kagerus's, locking as she peers out into the world. An expression of pain and struggle crosses the features of the other mare and Lilli lowers her head, even more, wanting to offer some kind of comfort to the painted mare. She tries to speak again and Lilli takes a careful step away, still observing her with concern.

Kagerus stands and Lilli watches closely, trying to gauge if and when her help is needed. There is still a sense of urgency from where the chestnut stands, her stance alert and gaze attentively as the other mare finds her footing. When the mare does stand, Lilli gazes over her again with a close eye, trying to discern for any obvious injuries that might prove fatal or at least critical. For the briefest of seconds, her gaze does take in the scar that adorns her face. It reminds her of the one that Valerio brought home from battle, the one that should have claimed his life. It should have been an ugly thing, a blemish on an otherwise perfect and impressive physique. Instead, it served as a reminder that he had almost been taken from him. A reminder that each and every moment of this life is fleeting and precious.

The thought is there in Lilli's mind as she wonders what battles this mare has seen, what struggles she has endured to earn such a scar. But the shaking of her body disrupts that and it is immediately addressed by the petite chestnut. It is only words that follow that catch her off guard, that startle her. "Dead?" she asks, the expression on her face perplexed and not fully realizing the full extent of Kagerus's words. She wants to ask for an explanation, an elaboration of the words that she has given but there is no time for that. The two-toned mare steps forward and Lilli takes a step as well to meet her, trying to come to where Kagerus is. Instinctively she angles her body in such a way that she hopes to catch her, steady her somehow but Lilli fails.

Kagerus stumbles and Lilli offers her body again hoping that she might be able to find some source of stability from her.

"Of course," the chestnut answers without hesitancy, replying to Kagerus's request. Lilli stands strong against the current, ready to accept the weight of Kagerus if she wishes to lean into her. The other mare drops her head low, almost greeting the river and worry comes again in her own gaze. "Please,"Lilli says, welcoming and inviting the other mare to rely on her. "How can I help?"

@[Kagerus]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [star pony] - by lilliana - 08-10-2019, 09:21 PM