• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and left us all black and blue
    Let

Let emerges into the yellow glow of the sun slowly, like a doe looking for hunters. When she breaks from the shadows and into the light it becomes obvious why she’s acting so timid and alert.  Bouncing behind her is a teal pile of fuzzy hair and legs. The filly is tiny and bright, her color matching her mother’s but marked a bit differently across her hide and accompanied by spots with a metallic gold shine. Her mane and tail are sprigs of fuzz, as I said before, normal for a foal – but instead of a regular coat, she has smooth, shiny dragon scales.

In the coming days she will start to glow and that will indeed be interesting to witness.

The mother is as proud as she should naturally be; she does not dote on her little thing too closely, just as her mother was when she was very young. There is enough warmth to survive on, and devotion is no question, but coddling is never an option. “It makes for weak things”, Kota told her daughter once, “and soft minds.” And among all things, Let did not want her daughter to ever be breakable or soft headed.

The filly keeps up well enough as her mother plucks seed heads greedily off of the freshly developed grass-pods. With little interest in grazing, and her belly full, the freshly born girl takes to examining grasshoppers and field mice.

@[Aodhan] - feel free to drop in and see the kid (: i know we talked about them meeting up and possibly being buddies, but no pressure as i took forever and ever <3

open to anyone! Big Grin

i was born sick,
    BUT I LOVE IT.   

Aodhán
    ice and fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    She was so beautiful in the starlight. She, in turn, had admired him as well. For what he could do, or be, perhaps, or the way his own golden spots glimmered softly and friendly in the night.

That was really all he knew about her - well, her name too, but - that’s basically where his active thoughts had stopped working and instinct had kicked in for the both of them. Not that he’d ever regret it, not a single bit; in fact, honestly he was a little sad that he hadn’t seen her again.

But perhaps, commitment simply wasn’t her thing, and in that case he really shouldn’t be chasing her.

So - he hadn’t. He didn’t want to be that guy that turned into a stalker, and he wasn’t sure if she wanted him around any longer - if she wanted him as a friend or a lover for more than a night, he wasn’t quite sure though he had suspected that one night was all he’d gotten. And spent.

In the meantime, he had moved on, been fascinated by yet another way too beautiful face (though that one had been magically enhanced perhaps) - though she also hadn’t seemed the type to want a stalker, and that was why he was now in the meadow.

Truth be told, he had the wandering blood, and didn’t mind keeping on the move - though the lack of a home base was honestly something that sporadically tugged on him, and for now, that would be the meadow. Though perhaps not for long, not forever at either rate. The Island Resort was a fun place to be, though the Brilliant Pampas - like the meadow, temperate and full of grass and insects; but the flowers were a bonus.

Nevertheless, he was still here most days than not, mingling with other young adult horses, and who knows what would happen in the future - honestly, Aodhán lived mostly day by day anyway.

One could say he was quite surprised to see the young mother enter the open space, most of all with the newly born, dragon-scaled filly who carried some of his golden spots with her. But was he really, deep down? It had been the season - and the little girl was such a pretty sight; roaning as was no doubt a family trait from his side, as he suspected the scales to be (like he said, he didn’t know enough about Let to be sure about what traits were in her family).

There was a split-second decision - then in his place was a white lizard the size of a squirrel, a harmless enough animal for a little girl but with a cute enough face, now skidding to the grass to meet them. Or rather, the girl.

Rising on two hind paws he stuck out his tongue at the little filly instead for a greeting. ”Hello!” he chipped at her, emerald eyes taking in her uniqueness with a glee similar to that of a child finding a pretty shell. ”Who are you?”

@[Let] so I thought maybe Fenwe wanted to take home a new pet lol. Feel free to call him a showoff or something less appropriate for child’s ears xD
    Let& Fenwe

The little spotted filly jumped a back at the lizard came waddling forth. She smiled seconds after, watching the thing perch on its little hind legs and look up at her. She squeals with glee as it utters a hello, and the mother pauses to bend an ear to whatever might be unfolding with her tiny child. A small voice is heard by both but only the filly hears the words clearly. “Fenwe!” The baby chirps her name proudly, whisking her fuzzy tail back and forth.

Let doesn’t ask, but makes a step toward the filly to peer over her shoulder at what she is talking to. At first the talking white lizard was about to be asked exactly what in the fuck he was doing – but memory kicked in and she smiled to herself. “Aohdán.” she whispers beneath her breath and continues to graze. She does not disturb father and daughter, but instead daydreams of her memories of him, their time together, and what she might say to him when they speak.

Aodhan <333

i was born sick,
    BUT I LOVE IT.   

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    From the corner of his reptilian eyes, the white and gold lizard sees the mare approaching. He winks at her when the little girl isn’t looking at him, though it takes a tad longer for her to recognize him. When she does, smiles, and gives them some space to meet, honestly the male couldn’t really be happier. Grinning at the teal spotted mare (she looks a bit tired, perhaps from birth, nursing, and watching her baby all the time, so she deserves her time alone) he looks back at the foal. Fairies, she’s so pretty. Her still-soft scales will harden with age, and help protect her, but for now, it’s good that someone (or two) is available to watch her.

She looks so happy - the kind of happy only foals are, and the shifted lizard is happy for her, the way only proud parents can be at their children’s happiness. Fenwe, she tells him proudly, and he smiles up at her and waves a paw - staggering just a bit as it turns out lizards aren’t really built for standing upright - ”Pretty name for a pretty girl! I’m Aodhán. I’m not really a lizard, you know,” he winks at the filly playfully, ”but don’t tell your mom.”

Edging a little closer, seeing as Let seems to be okay with him hanging around, and adding just a tiny bit of size to himself so he’s still non-threatening, but will be able to keep up with her better, he nudged her scales. ”Look at that, almost the same, don’t you think?” Surely the girl would be able to tell he’s not a horse like her at the moment, but perhaps she can be challenged to develop an eye for detail. Games were good for that too, he muses - he’ll see if she’s up for one later.

@[Let]