• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain; Any!
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    There are several ways in which the foal is… quite strange - but not strange for Beqannan standards. It’s just that the way he turns around quickly, or the noise he emits, offsets the white woman a moment; when he speaks he still sounds nervous, saying things that honestly, to Ilma sound a little strange still. Eat him? ”Have you met others who tried to eat you?” she wonders. If that’s the case, things are worse than she had imagined.

Still, the foal is lively - excited to meet someone perhaps, which is a good sign - it contradicts his remarks on being eaten. He talks about the water in this pond being salty (the mare knows this, as it is a pond that’s close to the sea; the right term would be brackish, but she doesn’t correct him because it is more salty than the sweet waters further towards the foresty areas). She nods, but then notices his eyes aren’t focused on her at all, though he previously honed in on her voice. He confirms her suspicion quickly however, and she outs a short, warm laugh. ”I can see you just fine, - what’s your name? - I could tell you I’m white and have wings made of the sunlight, but I don’t think that’s helpful to you. Here, come closer. Use your other senses.” she stretches her nose out to him, softly brushing her velvet nose over his crown. He won’t ever be able to know any of the colours, unless he finds a bit of magic to aid him, or someone else goes to the Mountain for him. But she can let him know she’s here and what she’s shaped like, and he’ll have to learn how to get through the world by touch, hearing, and smell more than others.

She muses over his other question - how about her? What is she even doing here? Honestly, she isn’t quite sure why she wanted to see Loess for herself - but perhaps if all is indeed as peaceful here as Castile believes, she can let the subject go. If not, she will continue to visit and try to make it right, no matter what he tells her. She knows he will not really hurt her; in fact she is not a threat nor his enemy, whatever he believes about his two sides in the world - either with him or against him.

To distract herself, she now focuses on helping the little colt. ”I think the water is salty because it’s not meant to be drunk - the sea is vast and can drown us, so we’re not supposed to get close to it. I’ll help you find a sweet water pool instead, further inland, if you like.” she offers - it’s honestly not like Ilma has anything better to do than to watch the kids; as always that is her first task, ingrained in her brain and soul from a very young age, and not something she would give up under any circumstance.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

@[Tlali]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain; Any! - by Ilma - 08-07-2019, 04:38 AM