• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan

Aodhán
    ice and fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    A shifter, of course, is what Aodhán himself is - and although he isn’t as much of an idiot like his dad, he does enjoy a little joke every now and then. It’d been too bad that the little white fox had not fully understood though - perhaps he’ll try to make amends with him later. For now, the little gecko sits easily atop the horse’s head, as the white man answers his question with several of his own.

He makes a small snickering sound when the man seems unaware that the gecko could possibly out horse-like sounds, believing himself mad for a moment. Oh, how easily he could have exploited this - preferably when perhaps switching into a ghost-state which he’d done once and never thought he should do again if he was honest with himself - but the gecko thinks the jokes should be quite over by now.

”For now, I am a horse-speech-fluent gecko.” he teases, then listens to the man talk about shifting, and how if he would shift, he’d love to be a dragon - firebreathing and flying. To be honest, Aodhán does quite like that idea, though the man’s reasoning seems a bit flawed to him. ”I don’t think you’d need to be a dragon to do that?” To demonstrate, the gecko leaps off the horse’s head. Halfway through his fall, he shifts - a large, golden, mythical firebird lands in the sand before the cremello horse, wings and feathers aflame, and half the size of a horse in height. His wings are tucked neatly to his sides because he is pretty sure he would burn a lot of things if he spread them as wide as they go. ”Plus side about a dragon is it’s size I suppose.” the bird caws, and steps aside for the horse so as not to burn him. The air around them is hot enough already, and he wouldn’t want to scorch him.

The firebird cocks it’s head at the stallion, smiling a bit. ”But you know, if it’s in your family, then I understand. And, I would like the challenge. My dad was some form of draconic, I believe, though he spit ice. But other than dragon eyes, scales, and pointy teeth, I’m not sure if I’d capture the form right. Birds are much easier to copy and edit. Plus, I already knew a thing or two about fire.” he muses aloud, then grins. ”They didn’t call me Aodhán for nothing.”

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Ruinam - 07-12-2019, 04:32 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Aodhan - 07-12-2019, 09:52 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Ruinam - 07-17-2019, 11:42 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Aodhan - 07-17-2019, 12:02 PM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Ruinam - 07-20-2019, 02:49 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Aodhan - 07-25-2019, 02:40 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Ruinam - 07-27-2019, 11:25 AM
    RE: Eyes turned skyward; Aodhan - by Aodhan - 08-02-2019, 07:08 AM