• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, any

There’s absolutely a split second where I think she’s being serious, that she actually didn’t know that she was on fire, and I panic. My black eyes widen, but there’s no white in them to show my fear. Just more blackness – there isn’t a single thing about me that shows anything other than that shadowy colour – but maybe that’s for the best. Because it’s not long before I realize she’s joking, that the flames aren’t hurting her.

Which is great, because I wouldn’t have known how to help her. Would I knock her over and kick some dirt over her? Would I try to pat the flames out? Being on fire isn’t exactly one of my life experiences.

She’s cheeky, which I guess is exactly appropriate for someone who is on fire all the time.

“I take it… it doesn’t hurt?” I ask, hopeful and curious. Now that I know the fire is just a part of her I can appreciate how cool she looks without feeling afraid. I do wonder whether it would hurt me but I figure we’ve got at least a little bit longer of an exchange to pass between us before I go around trying to touch her fire.

“I like it. I probably wouldn’t feel the same without my antlers, either.” Even if I can never get a good look at them! Their weight on my head is a comforting one.

photo from unsplash

@[Ember]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, any - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 10:21 AM