• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, any
    She doesn’t mind the nighttime as much as everyone else seems to. Maybe it’s because she has spent so much of her youth in the darkness, surrounded by her flames for company... but gross, she sounds like a whiny teenager and that’s just no good.

Unlike the one she can’t see approaching her, she’s practically a beacon against the night sky – her black scales are dappled so heavily with metallic red ones that any bit of light reflects off of them and makes for quite the show, and for gods’ sake, she glows even when she isn’t even on fire. She must make for quite the sight, between her flames and her metallic scales and her ridiculous glowing, burning bright against the horizon for anyone to think she’s a freakin’ ball of light and fire or something like that.

She smells the other before he comes within viewing distance, but her pacing barely breaks until he speaks up. Only then does she stop, turning to face the emaciated stallion with inky black antlers. The light of her flames barely seems to reflect off of him, he’s so dark, and curiosity sparks in her red eyes.

He asks her if she knows she’s on fire and she starts, lifting her head in feigned surprise. “I’m on fire?” she exclaims, her deep twang making fire sound like ‘fiyah.’ She turns her head to examine herself and watches the flickering flames for a moment, breathing in their piney scent. “How ever could that have happened?”

With a cheeky grin she turns back to the intensely black stallion, her eyes glowing with mischief as she relaxes her metallic wings, letting them thump to the ground beside her. “I’ve always been like this, truth be told,” she informs him, twitching her nose to indicate the flames and the scales and the... everything else. “I’m not quite sure I feel whole without being aflame somehow.” She stops talking then, suddenly shy. It’s probably more than he wants to know, anyways.

@[Velkan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, any - by Ember - 07-21-2019, 10:47 PM