• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not all who wander are lost; Ea

Aodhán
    ice and fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    He’s ghosting at the edge of the world. Not because he thinks of leaving it, not because he’s longing for anything that’s lost. He’s here because… because he can. Because he’s curious. Because… well, it’s partly also because he wants to check if certain people are not here. Who better to ask than someone he knows has been here for a while, for long enough, but who would also know if it was her kin that had crossed?

At least - at least he hopes that she might know if a related ghost showed up. Perhaps she may not know him, himself, and truly he only knows her by name. A whisper escapes him nonetheless. “Ey-ya”. A sound so similar to his own name, yet still so different in appearance. Different in nature? He wouldn’t know. He never knew her before. Never knew of the friend she had to leave behind one day, of the crazy coincidence of similarities that enables him to even be here, today.

He’ll wonder if this was a good idea, in retrospect. Shifting into a ghost makes him… less caring, however. So what if being half-dead is a state harder to escape than others? Was it not the same as being a rock? He didn’t care about anything back then either - and at least a ghost could move around.

Surely there were worse things than being a ghost.

Being a lonely ghost, for one.

@[Ea]
    I was bored so I made your to-do list longer, I hope you don’t mind