• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how strange, to be anything at all; any
    OPHANIM
    He wishes his other children would come closer when he is alone in Loess. He knows Rupture and Bela are part of his brood and his heart aches to snatch them up in his loving embrace. They’re beautiful and strong, or maybe he’s just biased because he loves them so. Ophanim wants to tell her these things whenever he sees her in the distance but he remains close to the children who already know him. He stays close to Starsin.

His ear swivels back when he hears her approaching but he doesn’t pay much attention at first. The fish idly nibble at the detritus caught in the light feathering around his hooves and he doesn’t want to disturb them. Some take cover in the shelter of his wings and he wonders if he could stay forever like this – a safe haven for them. For once, he could keep something safe instead of breaking it apart. All his well made plans before this only served to tear his life apart, though they seemed perfect at the time. Defend his home, love his wife, and father children like his sire before him. It all looked like the natural order of things.

But then, why didn’t it work out?

He slowly, carefully lifts his head as the ink black fades back to gold and snow white little by little. Ophanim turns his head and watches as Adna slowly lowers her gaze like she might disappear any second. The angel boy feels his brows furrow and he wades his way back to the shore so he can pull himself up onto dry ground, dripping and cold in the autumn chill. Maybe he shouldn’t approach her. Maybe he ought to just go back to Sylva and find some way to amuse himself there until his sentence is carried out.

Hello, Adna. I’m sorry I haven’t come to see you. I guess I’ve.. really made a mess of things,” he says with a laugh, but the sound comes out all bent and distorted so it sounds more sad than anything joyous. “I’m sorry for.. a lot of things, I think. They all seemed like good choices but all I’ve done is hurt people. I really don’t like hurting anyone, you know.

And it’s the truth. Even when he was tearing down half of Tephra with his fire, the pit of his stomach was in knots. But he’d still destroyed her mother’s home and given her two children without a father. His bright blue eyes find the ground between them as he slowly turns black once more.
    you could drown in those eyes, i said.
    @[adna]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: how strange, to be anything at all; any - by Ophanim - 06-19-2019, 11:15 PM