• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gentle is the night

it's a guarantee that he won't forget me.
    my body little, my soul heavy.

Naia normally sits in some level of discomfort. Mostly it is the exhausting feeling of knowing she does not possess beauty to be exact, but some supernatural draw that most cannot resist. She sighs into the sensation most days; some days, she rages against her own skin, hides from the scales that itch when she draws too close to water. Right now, though, she does not notice her skin as it ripples. It is not Velkan, or any comfort she has found within herself, but the pleasurable feeling of meeting one that does not leave a bitter taste in her mouth.

When the wendigo attempts to look at his antlers, Naia laughs again. This time, she feels embarrassment and worry as she hopes he does not think she is picking on him. Though, a joyous bubbling in the pit of her chest tells her he will not mind at all. 

The nereid blinks once, then twice, when Velkan expels a compliment about her hair. The smile she holds from laughing slowly droops into a subtle, bashful curve of her lips. Shocking as it may be, the woman finds pleasure blossoming in the middle of her stomach. She wonders if she should interact with others more often, if she will continue to find a similar joy in their company; alas, she remembers every negative reaction, remembers how most are not nearly as bubbly as the bony man before her.

There is a bit of genuine confusion in the nereid’s eyes when she flips her mane over to one side. She’s never quite seen it, outside of her reflection when she dips into water, so to hear it is shiny is a new detail. “Is it shiny?” she asks, gently mimicking the tone Velkan took when he asked about his antlers. Naia crosses her eyes to look up at the tendrils that tangle between her ears. Her shy smile is now the tiniest bit of teasing.

“Nice to meet you, Velkan,” she murmurs, straightening herself back into the regal stance she usually possesses. “Do you want me to describe your antlers to you?” The branch still hangs above his head. She lifts her muzzle in its direction, wondering if she might be able to lift it from its place.

Naia

@[Velkan]

Messages In This Thread
    gentle is the night - by naia - 06-17-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 06-23-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 07-06-2019, 11:40 AM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 07-19-2019, 02:25 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 04:28 PM