• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gentle is the night

Far from feeling embarrassed or saddened in any shape by the laughter that bubbles and then bursts out of the golden-haired mare, it brightens my own smile considerably. I love that sound! All laughter is music to my ears, whether it’s gentle giggling or unrestrained, but I have to admit I love the freedom in uncontrolled laughter.

And the warm, sweet feeling that I’m the reason for the laughter. It doesn’t really matter if she’s laughing at me - although I haven’t yet figured out that I’m sporting a third antler in the form of a branch at the moment. I’m just delighted that she’s laughing!

She’s got a smooth, melodic voice too that’s just as enchanting as her laughter. Anyone with a little bit more sense than I do definitely would feel embarrassed by the entranced I made while greeting this mare but I just don’t feel embarrassment ever.

Maybe I should? Could that be some of ye ol’ foalhood trauma affecting me?

That can’t be right. I mean, it’s only like one mother tried to eat me on a few occasions and the other tried to torture the sweetness right out of me. That’s not the sort of thing that leaves lasting psychological trauma in someone. I’m totally over it.

“Oh yeah? Thanks! I’ve never seen them.” I try to look up, for the thousandth time in my life, to get a look at my antlers but all I can see is a little bit of black, and… maybe a little bit of green? Weird. I’m always a little disappointed that I can see them. But it’s cool that she likes them so they must be cool.

“I like your hair!” I kinda shout back, because it’s really what I wanted to say when I first burst into this clearing. “I didn’t know hair could be so shiny!” Or so colourful! It’s still surprising me when I meet others that aren’t just all black and grey since that’s my whole family. There’s very little diversity. “Oh, and I’m Velkan! It’s super cool to meet you, Naia.”

photo from unsplash

@[naia] <33333
    this post brought to you by Abba and S Club 7

Messages In This Thread
    gentle is the night - by naia - 06-17-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 06-23-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 07-06-2019, 11:40 AM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 07-19-2019, 02:25 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 04:28 PM