• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gentle is the night

Did someone just ask me to show my face? I honestly don’t think anyone has ever said that to me in the history of forever. No one wants to see my face! I don’t even want to see my face which is why I always close my eyes whenever I’m drinking out of a river. I’ve been scared by myself one too many times and there’s no point in doing that if I can just close those black eyes of mine.

Fortunately for me, I don’t really need to stay alert while I’m drinking water because most animals give me a pretty wide berth out of instinct.

Anyway, I’m feeling a little embarrassed that my twig snap seemed to have startled someone so I follow the murmur and find the coolest looking girl I’ve ever seen. She’s GOLD. She’s got black too but the gold of her makes her look alive and shiny and like the afternoon sun has been caught in her hair and in spots all over her body. And are those scales?? She’s just casually out here looking like a mermaid on land and I’ve the gall to disrupt her.

But like, I can’t not go over and say hello now. My head pops out first, emerging from some shrubs and around a tree to look right at her. “Oh hey! Sorry about that.” I step forward to move into the open space but my large antlers get tangled in the foliage while I do so and I meet some resistance. But, not one to let a little branch get in my way, I throw my weight into moving forward. There’s a tearing voice as the new, tender branches give way and, when I fully emerge from the shelter of the shrubs, I have an extra horn on my head all tangled around the other ones.

But I can’t see it so it’s fine.

“What’s up?”

photo from unsplash

@[naia]

Messages In This Thread
    gentle is the night - by naia - 06-17-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 04:53 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 06-23-2019, 08:37 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 07-06-2019, 11:40 AM
    RE: gentle is the night - by naia - 07-19-2019, 02:25 PM
    RE: gentle is the night - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 04:28 PM