• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  So this is me swallowing my pride, telling you I'm sorry for that night; Raed
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

He doesn’t step back when she moves forward, and instead he reaches to brush his muzzle against the top of her neck. She smells different from the last time he had seen her; more like forests and pine, but he doesn’t think too much of it. He had never been disillusioned with the idea that he had any sort of claim over her. She was free to live wherever and with whoever she wanted, but even still, there was a small part of him that would always wonder where she was.

Without having to peer inside her mind he can read the guilt and sorrow so plainly written on her face, and he reaches forward to touch against her cheek. “You have nothing you need to apologize for, Lethy.” Her pain was still palpable, and even though he had grieved in his own way, it was nothing in comparison to what she was feeling.

He has never been good at navigating emotions; not his, and especially not anyone else’s. But just as that day at the river, he cannot stand there and watch her be in such anguish. Slipping his body alongside of hers, he rests his head over top of her neck, and he reaffirms quietly, “You didn’t do anything wrong.”

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So this is me swallowing my pride, telling you I'm sorry for that night; Raed - by Raed - 07-01-2019, 03:23 PM