• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  impossible to rise

take a walk through the wreckage —clearing out my head
    i hear your eyes roll right down the phone
    i'm your walking disaster keep on dragging me
    from self-pity —poor me

Mother would not mind his being gone with his father but the boy does not challenge the stallion’s statement. He does not know for sure, and it does not seem like a good idea to assume what his mother might think about his going missing. “Can Risk come when we do that? She would like it.” He says instead, pale gold eyes a little anxious because he loves his sister and knows their mother will behave as Litotes expects if both of them go...and then they will not have to see that she has not even noticed his absence.

The palomino trots along beside his father, nimble like his mother and used to traveling this worn path. He jumps the last little grade and throws himself into the race his sire invites him to. His long legs carry him quickly, even if his gait is unrefined in youth. He keeps pace with Lie and laughs when he gets to pull ahead and charge toward the stand of heavy plum trees and the tangle of raspberry bushes that guard some of the trunks. He has not been here before. He has not won any races.

“Remember getting sick?!”The boy says with incredulous disbelief, creeping between the trunks and green brambles into the shaded place. Heavy branches drag over his high rump and thorns grab the feathers at his fetlocks. He does not hesitate, his father is at his back. Sniffing along the ground, all the plums he finds are melting away and little creatures crawl over them. Tiny young plum trees grow in the shade, mere sticks with leaves and he chews at the top of one contemplating how he is going to secure himself fresher fruit and also take some home to his sister. “Why do you live in Pangea instead of in the meadow with us?” He asks, plucking leaves from the stick and spitting them onto the ground.

kelynen
    how do you always know?

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-14-2019, 11:50 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 06-23-2019, 08:05 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 06-23-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-06-2019, 04:25 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-06-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by litotes - 07-22-2019, 06:19 PM
    RE: impossible to rise - by Kelynen - 07-24-2019, 07:53 PM