• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris
    V u l g a r i S
    How strange, for the main character of his life to become someone else. But his every emotion and choice hinges entirely on her as he simply waits to see what direction she moves next. Sometimes he holds his breath because it’s become so easy to choke on his love for her. She has blossomed into something greater than he has ever known and it makes him feel so small to stand beside someone as strong and beautiful as her. Long before she was queen of Tephra, she was the queen of his whole heart and he didn’t know how to yield that power to her.

Now, he doesn’t know how he existed without giving it to her.

He nods when she says a world of their young wouldn’t be so bad, smiling softly at the idea of it. Each of their sons and daughters are so wildly different and gorgeous that an entire nation of them would spell out paradise. His heart could burst with his adoration for each one, he thinks, and yet it somehow hangs on.

I’ll find every one of our girls and bring them home to you, if it would make you happy,” he says softly as he offers her a reassuringly nuzzle to her cheek to dry the tear from her face. “Our daughters are strong, Leli. They got that from you and that’s how I know they’re alright.

Deep down, he blames himself for their daughters not venturing to Tephra. How could Adna ever forgive him after she saw into the depths of his cruelty? How could Sabbath trust him when everything he had promised her had fallen apart right before her eyes? Malca and Linnea saw how the war tore their family apart and he couldn’t blame them if they never looked back. But, for Leliana, he knows he would stare into the face of his every crime and beg for forgiveness. He would work until his dying breath to right his wrongs and make their family whole once more.

I’ll leave for Loess tomorrow morning to find Sabbath and Adna. I’ve hurt them the most, and it’s time I owned up to it.

He brushes her forelock from her face and places a delicate kiss between her eyes. The enormity of his love would always engulf the gravity of his shame.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 08-06-2019, 01:21 PM