• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris
    V u l g a r i S
    Perhaps they knew each other before time began, when all was just glimmering dust carried on cosmic winds. Maybe they were neighboring stars that yearned for one another until their novae ripped them apart once more. Now that dust has settled into bones and lips and hummingbird hearts that beat for one another. Every tiny cell within him sings for hers and rejoices in their reunion every time their bodies meet again. With a love like this, it’s no wonder their children are each so beautiful and perfect in their own ways.

He silently wonders what sort of baby they’ll have come spring but he says nothing to her of it. All that is certain is he will love each member of their brood and that is all he needs to know. The stars reflect across the surface of the quiet river when he kisses softly at her temple. With their sides pressed tight like this, he wonders if he’s only imagining the kicking of half-developed hooves within her belly. Each fall and winter gives him a restless feeling in his stomach as he watches her body go through the changes of pregnancy.

Will he ever deserve a family so wonderful as this?

I wish you knew how beautiful you are to me,” he says as he delicately places another kiss behind her ear. He laughs softly at how shy she becomes but he doesn’t mention it as he leans his neck over hers in a loose embrace.

Hours, days could pass in quiet bliss like this and he might never notice it. Listening to the quiet murmurs of the river and feeling her warmth against his is the closest he has ever known to true peace. Vulgaris remembers how he first met her here, how Sabbath was born here. All the memories give him chills when he reflects upon them, anointing him with gratitude for everything she has shared with him.

I would be impossibly lost without you.

He closes his eyes and sighs slowly with a smile across his face.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your skin tastes of gorse flowers; vulgaris - by vulgaris - 06-24-2019, 11:00 PM