• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I have never been nothing; rupture

all the beautiful conditions of a man up in flame

He knew early on that he and his twin had not been born of traditional, husband and wife love. His parents loved each other as friends, possibly, but whatever romance that had resulted in Rupture and Bela had ended by the time they were born. He didn’t know much about his father, except that he was nice and simple and had a wife who wasn’t Adna.
    On the other hand, Rupture adored Adna. He had wanted desperately to stay close to his mother at all times, but she encouraged him to be more like his sister and wander on his own (to make him more independent, he wondered, or just so she would be left alone?). Instead, he sticks to his twin like glue — until she leaves Loess. He hasn’t yet decided if he is brave enough to leave his home. Why would he? While Bela is gone, he spends his time climbing the rocky cliffs, practicing flying on his undeveloped wings, and setting things on fire only to quickly stomp them out so as to not burn all of Loess down.
    Today, Rupture is attempting to fly from the flatter land of Loess, something he hadn’t mastered quite yet. He leaps, and with two quick flaps of his small wings he is airborne, soaring (if flying ten feet in the air counts as soaring), until he hears shouting from the ground. He searches for the source, distracted, and all of a sudden the golden boy finds himself on the ground with a hard thud.
    “Ow,” he groans, looking up to see a blue and white girl. He gets to his feet, doing a full body shake before moving to stand in front of the girl. “Was that you yelling? You’re very loud,” he says disapprovingly, scrunching his nose.

Rupture

@[Dracarys] I’m so sorry I suck lmao

Messages In This Thread
    I have never been nothing; rupture - by Dracarys - 06-09-2019, 02:09 PM
    RE: I have never been nothing; rupture - by rupture - 07-28-2019, 05:19 PM