• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; velkan
    lost in the dark

Anyone whose smile grows instead of fades when they see me is a friend in my book, so I’m already really, very sure I’m going to light this sunset-painted mare. It was a compliment, of course, my comment about the sky and I hope she knows that! The sky is so beautiful and there’s so many incredible colours that get painted across it all the time. Even the night sky! Can you blame me for being a little colour-obsessed when there isn’t a single speck of it on me?

Like I did with Naia, when this mare mentions my antlers I try to look up at them – only to remember that I can’t actually see them. So I look back at this new-friend with a bright, shiny smile. “Oh hey thanks! Yup, you got it – antlers.” I’ve never met anyone who didn’t know the word for antlers before, but I guess all things considered that’s not very strange. Maybe I’m the first one she’s seen that has had them!!

I like the idea of being the first.

“Sometimes they get all tangled up in branches but they’re good for getting food out of trees.” Am I going to mention that the ‘food’ is squirrels and other hot-blooded creatures? Absolutely  not. Let’s go with the visual of apples and other sweet fruits instead. I’m not going to walk up to a pretty girl and be like ‘hey guess what I have to eat woodland creatures to survive but at least I don’t eat my fellow horses like my mom and sisters!’

We’re just going to move right along. “I’m Velkan!”

image from unsplash

@[Eva] I'm just going to pretend it's still winter because it will be again soon and I took my sweet time replying too <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; velkan - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM