• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  you're all I want, so bring me the dawn; isle
    There are flickers of moments where it does not feel possible that this is her life now, that she stumbled so accidentally across the person who would breathe life back into such broken lungs. A man who might see her damaged pieces, those cracks that run all throughout her soul and want to heal her with such gentle hands.

Loving once is easy, loving when you have not felt loss or disloyalty, when you do not know what it feels like to have that heart you gave so readily, crushed to pieces and returned. Loving a second time had been so much harder, is still so much harder sometimes. Like in the dark of night where she wakes and he is not beside her, and for a brief moment old fears are remembered. An impulse of distrust and pain until she wakes fully and remembers his name, his face, his beautiful heart.

Magnus.

His name is a balm on her lips in those moments, a word that makes warmth flare inside her chest and draws such softness to the lines of tension in her jaw. She wonders sometimes if this feeling will ever fade, ever change - because this love feels so bright and brand new every day. Strikes a shiver of excitement that, day by day, heals the cracks others have flayed into her heart. He is teaching her how to live again. How to feel and how to love, how to trust in someone besides herself.

“I love you.” She murmurs, feeling emotion well in those dark, wild eyes when his lips press to the corner of her mouth. “I think I could love you for an eternity and every day would still feel brand new.” She doesn’t let him step away for long - not even so he can study her with those molten, beautiful eyes. “You have a lifetime to do that.” She reminds him, soft and murmured and with a quiet smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she reaches out to nip at his shoulder.

“Come here.” There is such heat blossoming in the depths of her eyes when she captures his gaze, molten and wild, and it makes her forget anything but him in this moment. The curve of his cheek and the strong line of his jaw, the way his lips quirk when his gaze settles on her. The feel of his heart thundering against her shoulder when she slips beneath his neck and against his chest, bowing that delicate head to lip at the sensitive skin behind his foreleg.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're all I want, so bring me the dawn; isle - by isle - 06-16-2019, 09:05 PM