• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a falling star fell from your heart; islas

Astrophel closes his eyes as the feeling of serenity fills him in these quiet moments. The star essence continues to twist and turn around his body. He can feel their magic, the power that makes them stand out against all other magical things beyond the earth he is a captive in now.

Their magical properties were above all else. It was a blessing, a privilege to be able to call upon them when he needed. The celestial beings had chosen him—one among a million—to be their guardian (or so he thought himself to be their protector). They had found something within him all those years ago when he thought of himself as nothing. His mother did not want him, but the stars above wanted him.

He is too caught up in the moment to hear the footsteps of another coming or the scent that clings to the stranger. It is her voice that pulls him out of his dream state. The star boy’s eyes open wide. Astrophel gasps softly with surprise. The star essence bursts around him, but he quickly pulls it together.

Astrophel’s blue eyes blink dreamlike for a moment as he turns to look at the white mare. A white ear flickers at her curiously. “Sorry, I-” He struggles to find his words as his thoughts are far away from him to grasp onto. A shy boyish grin crosses over his white and pink stained lips. “I didn’t know you were there.” The words come awkwardly out. Astrophel did not have the slightest clue she had been watching him. Most times he was able to find a quiet time alone when the meadow dwellers were sleeping.

“The stars!” He says with wide eyes suddenly, excitement filling his blue eyes as he remembers the question the mare asked him. “I do not control them,” he laughs softly. “I am their guardian. They gave me the privilege to use their magic many years ago.” The stallion turns his gaze towards the sky, lifting his muzzle as he peers at them with an obvious gleam of wonder in his eyes. It had been wonderful then. The happiest he had ever been when the celestial beings had heard his cries.

A smile touches his lips as he turns back to the mare. This time he takes a moment to really get a good look at her. He examines her slowly, feeling a connection deep within her that was not obvious until now. “You are one of them!” He takes a step forward towards her. “You’ve come to take me back,” his words are filled with excitement, “You are here to take me home, finally!” After all these years back in Beqanna, it was finally time for him to go home. He could not believe tonight was the night!
    character info: here | character reference: here

@[Islas]
    [Image: ioPeFeU.png]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a falling star fell from your heart; islas - by Astrophel - 06-20-2019, 03:53 PM