• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis

I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new.

She smiles into his neck at his reassurance, and his breath across her skin sends a shiver of delight along her spine. She wonders again, for the hundredth, or maybe the thousandth time, how she was ever so lucky. How did she possibly manage to find a romance, and a love so everlasting? It was the kind only to be found in fairy tales and stories, and not something ever meant to be for a girl like her. She still found herself to be so plain and ordinary, and he was anything but. He was fierce and kind, quiet but still loud in all the ways he showed his love for her. His golden eyes still had a way of captivating her, and she doesn’t understand how he can look at her like she is the only girl that he sees. He could have had anyone; he was the kind that should be loving a queen, and not some feral, wild thing from the outlands.

But she would love him anyway, with all her wildness and tangled hair and sweet touches. Fate had decided that she was the one meant to love him, and she would spend every day proving that it had not been a mistake.

“I know a way you can show me,” her voice is breathy in her throat, a secret smile threatening to spread across her lips. She had been cautious before of the way her body reacted to his, even though she knew what was to come next would be inevitable. It always was, but it was amusing, at least to her, to pretend like she could resist him for a night. She steals a glance towards where their children slept, but here, in the safety of their forested home, she knows they don’t have to worry. Wrenley was the youngest, and surrounded by older siblings that wouldn’t let anything happen to her.

His touch trails along her ribs, and she knows that he will feel the quickening of her pulse, and the way her heart flutters in response to his. With her chest pressed to his, she lets her teeth graze the skin near his throat, before softening her touch as she lays her lips near his ear and whispers, “Come with me.” There was no denying her intentions, with the way her voice had grown heavy with want and longing. The curves of her body slide against his as she slips past him, letting the natural shadows of the night envelope her as she casts a knowing glance over her shoulder, beckoning him to follow.
    Briseis

@[Ether]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; briseis - by Briseis - 08-24-2019, 04:47 AM