• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Why Hide The Wonders of My Home? [Izora Lethia]
    The journey was long, pulling energy from Lethy that she had never quite recovered but Aten kept it pleasant. He asked her questions about her journey and her age which she quietly but graciously answered. She explained how both of her parents had died when she was not quiet a yearling, protecting her the beast that gave her the very noticeable scar across her face, and that aside from that she didn't know much of her childhood. She had been taken in by another mare who gave her the nick name Lethia because she couldn't  remember who she was or where she came from. She had guessed her age then and told him she must of been about 5 by now. 

She told him how she had ended up in the field, had met her first friend Kensa there. Then had found her way to Loess but had only spent a short day there beside the breath taking lake before the plague had claimed all of Beqanna including herself.

She had wondered, in search of a home after that, and had fallen pregnant. The conversation on that particular subject dwindled as quickly as it had started. She had told him the plague had made taken its toll on her and her unborn child and there was not much more to say.

She had found herself at the mountain after that and skirted around the conversation of her quest at hand. She had done alot of wondering since her arrival in Beqanna, until she had met him.

As they trailed the borders of Loess and Hyaline she seemed to perk in manner as her friends hailed from both lands. She had not heard of the rumors of war between Tephra and Loess in her months of self pity.

The pair came upon Tiaga and Lethy, like all the other lands, appreciated the beauty of Atens. She craned her neck to watch the birds flutter from one massive tree to the other, nestling their families high from predators and curious eyes. Squirrels skittered from one elongated branch to the next.

The branches reaching and intertwining like two long time friends, scared to let go of each others embrace. Her large, amathyst eyes caught the filtering sunlight and for a moment it looked as if she was genuinely happy, a feeling she had shoved deep into a box and put away high in the attic.  

Aten pulled her attention back and told her he wanted to show her something. She cautiously followed, the cool cover of the canopy above nd the misty fog wrapping around her legs rejuvenated her strength enough to not object. The path was well worn, from many visitors or Aten himself she was not entirely sure.

They followed along a stream that played a slow and steady melody. She found it quite refreshing and peaceful. As they continued on their way they began a trek up the hill, steepening as they went. Lethy's muscles strained, tightening with exhaustion by the time they finally made it to the top.

It all faded away when Aten moved to the side opening Lethy's view before her. A waterfall that garbled into the rocks below. Foaming and misting in a pleasant surprise. The meadow in full bloom, the purples and blues catching at her heart strings. As she gazed out at the horizon she could see the oceans cost, the ocean that brought her here, mixed emotions filling her chest.

Before any evidance of those emotions could surface Aten pulled her attention back to his face, her purple eyes flashing beneath the hanging summer sun. He told her of the lack of residence in his land, how could that be with such beauty and peace? And expressed his understanding if she wanted to live else where, but if she chose to stay he would need help in finding others who would also need a place to call home and making Tiaga their home. Lethy shook her head, It is a beautiful place Aten. It is a place I would be willing to call home. I would love to help you fill your land, though I must admit if you haven't discovered yourself I am not the best at conversation. she said turning her eyes to the ground.

The idea of finally settling on a home, made her heart beat quicker she had never been good at making decisions. The anxiety and nerves bubbled to the surface when ever she felt the pressure of making changes, but Aten seemed to make the decision easier for her and that, she couldn't ignore. She was so tired of disappointing people though, and as she stared at the ground, brow furrowed she hoped she would not disappoint Aten.  
    forget me not; but never remember

@[Aten] way longer than I intended lol
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Why Hide The Wonders of My Home? [Izora Lethia] - by Izora Lethia - 06-04-2019, 11:50 AM