• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [Party] anyone;
    V u l g a r i S
    In a hundred different lives, in a thousand different universes, he would find his way back to her in even the darkest night. She is his true north and he comes circling back to her as he steps through the portal into Hyaline. Gone are the sharp teeth and ragged scales, replaced now by shimmering silver tufts of feathers mingled into his mane and tail. His hooves are exchanged for talons, which he curiously clacks together as he admires the claws. These appendages could rend prey better than any fangs he’d worn in his lifetime.

But when he lifts his head, someone else is already speaking to Leliana. His ears turn forward and the breeze carries their scents toward him just as he draws closer to the pair. Vulgaris tilts his head as the boy utters the last few words, calling his wife breath taking. Leliana is so much more than that, he knows. She is the source for the thousand suns of his heart and the center of his entire universe. Beside her, he is a grain of sand, useless and somehow precious in her palm because she has made it so. A flicker of rage rises like bile in the back of his throat as he comes to stand beside her, tall and depthless black beside her shimmering white. The silver feathers glint and tremble in his locks with the slightest wind.

What an honor it must be, then, to have an audience with someone so divine as Leliana,” he observes as their shoulders press together. In the afterlife, touching her skin had felt like a memory within a dream. Now she is warm and real against his touch. He would withstand so many lifetimes for this, he thinks we his gaze falls across Jakub fully now. He bites back his fury, reminds himself that the people of Tephra don’t know that his soul is intertwined with hers. His sage green eyes watch the stranger. Teeth grit together. “I am Vulgaris, who are you?

His eyes roam across the boy and his armor, the blue strands of his mane. Vulgaris doesn’t recognize him from the war but it makes little difference to someone like him either way. He keeps his bloodlust reined in for Leli’s sake these days, keeps them locked up tight on the top shelf of his soul. Maybe some day violence will call his name again. Maybe he’ll answer it without a second thought. But this is a party and her happiness take the forefront of his priorities today.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[leliana] @[Jakub]

Messages In This Thread
    [Party] anyone; - by NPC - 05-28-2019, 11:11 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by Jakub - 05-29-2019, 12:55 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by leliana - 05-31-2019, 10:37 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by Jakub - 06-01-2019, 12:24 AM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by vulgaris - 06-02-2019, 09:58 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by leliana - 06-02-2019, 11:42 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by Jakub - 06-03-2019, 09:28 AM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by vulgaris - 06-03-2019, 10:20 PM
    RE: [Party] anyone; - by leliana - 06-03-2019, 10:46 PM