• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita)

I have three eyes

Simply, she wanted him to be happy. That’s all. She didn’t mean to make him so upset, had no idea that dad would be able to physically feel her desire pressing into him. Hell, (that’s a word she hadn’t heard before until he used it) she’d only begun to sort out her wings.

He’d been so mad. Snapped out her name like a whip and lashed her hard, hard enough that for the first time in her life she was actually scared of her father. He didn’t feel that emotion though. And he didn’t feel the emotion she still carried around with her after they’d grounded and he told her (in so few words) what had happened to Gale.

It’s time to grow up now, he said. No more Gale. No more look-see game. No more sniffling because her mom was trying hard to keep their shattered family from breaking apart, Pteron was busy being a “man”, Tiercel was busy wandering off, and Dad was busy with grief. Marni seemed to have left them long ago and honestly, Eyas was slightly jealous of her for it.

But out here on the fringes of the maze, where large portions still loomed up into the sky without end, Eyas could be alone and cry all to herself. She does it quietly, without sound but more so with feeling, letting the hot tears blur her vision until they fall away. She doesn’t exactly feel like flying right now. No matter how high she flew, into the sun and up into the great beyond, she wouldn’t find Gale there and she couldn’t bring him back.

She was so… so… mad. So mad that she suddenly stopped, turned to look at the weave of thorns and bramble that hadn’t killed the triplet she might’ve been okay with losing, and screamed, “I HATE YOU!”

Before she knew it she was rearing, striking out at the unforgiving tangle of vines in pure rage. “I HATE I HATE I HATE YOOOU!” Until the pain shot up her legs and struck her in the chest, until she couldn’t breath and she was bloody. Sobbing, she stopped. It was no use. For the millionth time she closed her eyes and tried with all she had to see through Gale’s eyes, but only the blackness stared back.

two to look and one to see

Eyas

@[alita] um okay so this was unintentionally sad as feck

Messages In This Thread
    Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Alita) - by Eyas - 05-24-2019, 10:41 AM