• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile saw her in the fray, but his mind was far too gone and lost in the madness. Mayhem exploded around them as they messily carved their way into Tephra and ripped it open.

The only regret he has is being absent for his children as they scattered. Reia faced the maze that resulted in a broken and torn wing. There would have been blood had the thorns been able to penetrate her scaling. There was a cut, however, underneath her left eye that dragged toward her mouth, halted only by the rising of more scales. With help from Tiphon, her wing popped back into place with a pained scream. She was a little battered and exhausted, but fine overall. Upon his return to Loess, Castile cradled her to his side before seizing the opportunity to find Sochi.

They move together, nearly in unison, but Castile’s gait is weary. The climb down the hills tests his muscles as they groan from the recent exertion, but he masks all of his discomfort once Sochi enters his field of vision.

”Mom!” Reia exclaims as she bounds forward, the cut left alone by Tiphon’s healing at her request (“I look tough,” she told him). Her face buries into Sochi for a single moment before she retracts and peers over her shoulder at father as the distance among them closes. His mismatched eyes settle tenderly on Sochi and a lopsided grin lifts the edge of his mouth. ”You’re okay,” his tone is borderline nonchalant because he knew she would be. It’s one of the many reasons he is so drawn to her. Unlike many others, she is fierce and so very strong. They are both predatory in nature, an advantage that heightens their warmongering.

A soft press of his muzzle is punctuated by a kiss against her neck. He breathes her in and shuts his eyes for a few heartbeats as the war replays in his mind. When he looks at her again, electricity courses through his veins. ”I’m happy you’re safe.” But as he says it, he glances away in mild search of their recent child whom he hasn’t yet met.

castile

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied; castile - by Castile - 06-10-2019, 11:33 AM