• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lonely is her favorite place to be; any

-Adria-

So far her family’s existence on this isle has been a quiet and undisturbed one. No one who previously called these waters home had come to challenge for it back or otherwise. So in that way she and Seale are similar. Adria had not expected the young mare to be aggressive, and apparently Seale hadn’t expected to be met with aggression.

This is a wonderful starting point for them both.

“You’ve come a long way then.” Adria nodded, moving forward from where she stood to close what little distance there was left between herself and the other island-born horse. A black cloud rolled in at her back, filling up the sky and casting a dark shadow above the mainland forest. “Impeccable timing.” She motioned with her eyes towards the oncoming storm, stopping shoulder-to-shoulder with Seale.

“Jwenn frè ou la!” She called out to Ionia, who swung her thin body around and nodded before cantering off and up into the distant safety of the jungle. Then her Nereid mother turned back to the traveler. “During these types of storms we gather in caves,” She shrugged, nudging the other female in a gentle motion that suggested she should follow wherever Adria led, “safer to wait out the angry rains.” And as if the sky itself had heard her, it responded with a cracking arc of blinding light.

Now the whole island seemed dark and alive. The Nereid slipped up the shore and kept a pace she felt Seale could follow if she wanted, weaving south through swaying treetops and glossy leaves that blew into their path. Thunder boomed and the wind howled; rain fell as she passed a dark waterfall. Not long after that, the treeline broke and a small mountain - what was once the old volcano that made this island - rose up and gave them a view of the churning skies. “Here we are!” Adria found herself having to shout, smiling back at Seale with a hysterically passionate look.

The base of the mountain opened up as she neared it, and gaped at them both with a mouth covered in hanging vines. Adria slipped through them and glanced back to see if Seale would follow, wondering what the girl would think when she entered. At first it would seem dark, but the path before them wasn’t exactly a total blackout. Down the dank, damp corridor was a faint light. “We should be just fine in here.” Adria spoke to her in a high sort of whisper now. The sound bounced in an echo around them. “Would you like to go further, see the hidden beach? I’d like to know more about why you left Icicle Isle, and then I can tell you more about my plans for Ischia. Maybe we could be the perfect fit for each other.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Seale] The mountain she's describing is located in the very middle of Ischia's map; I left two links for descriptive purpose on the words "mouth" and "beach"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lonely is her favorite place to be; any - by Adria - 06-17-2019, 11:57 AM