• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lonely is her favorite place to be; any
    Seale

The sight of the red mare and her blue child puts Seale in mind of days spent similarly trucked against her own dam's pale side, her pelt growing ever darker in contrast to the beautiful tobiano’s fading grey. She has not been on her own long enough to miss Agnieszka the way she will when she faces long nights on her own in her new home. Without the exhaustion of adventure to drive her into sleep she will begin to notice the solitude and perhaps she will be sad and guilty, having left her mother all alone. But for now she only remembers being very small and the proud thrill of now being fully grown and able to do as she pleases.

The red mare is friendly, though Seale really did not expect anyone to be otherwise. She has always been sheltered and has not often encountered any bad tempered persons. “Adria, Ionia, thank you. Ischia is beautiful!” Truly she’s never seen anything like it, accustomed to her frigid birthplace and the more temperate environs of the eastern mainland. "I am called Seale." Her voice is steady and without shyness, pronouncing her own name carefully for the benefit of the pair see-lee, but not in a condescending way. In all honesty she doesn’t like to be called ‘Seal-y’ or some other such butchery of the lovely name her father gave her. "I'm from Icicle Isle. I was from there anyway, but I'm looking for a new home somewhere warm and new." A pause, a bit of anxiety in her lavender eyes. “I’ve never lived anywhere but there, and I don’t know if you have room for anyone else…” How does one ask someone she’s just met if she can move in? It seems like a very odd thing to do. Not something mother ever explained.

Her dark ears swivel  to catch the warm sound of the waves and then back to Adria. She does not appear nervous, only trying uncertain. She has always been something of an outsider in the isle, because of her mother, but she wants so much to be part of something that she has chosen for herself.

she told me she was shallow; her rivers run so deep
    if I could only be the boat that leads her to the sea

@[Adria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lonely is her favorite place to be; any - by Seale - 06-11-2019, 10:36 PM