• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lonely is her favorite place to be; any

-Adria-

Adria’s newborn twins are so unlike one another that it feels as if she’s constantly being torn apart. She’s lucky that Eva is here to take her son out past the breakers and into deeper waters where he belongs, so that she can keep dry on land with her daughter.

Ionia, much to her mother’s confusion, hasn’t shown any sign of water affiliation. Though the filly that trails at her hip is covered in every shade of blue from tip to tail, she’s a firebreather and so far nothing else. Her birth and powers were unusual, but not exactly disappointing to the mare who’d given birth to her. After all, Adria had an elder brother who was similar.

They meander through Ischia without much of a purpose, stopping here to taste a wild hibiscus and then pausing there to learn about the difference between macaws and cockatiels. The jungle seems quieter as the evening drags on, the air heavier. Adria can sense that an infamous spring storm is approaching even though the skies above are clear, hot, and sun-filled. As mother and child inspect a clutch of eggs, an unfamiliar tune pierces through the common island chatter, lifting both Adria and Ionia’s head.

“Vini avèk mwen.” The bright red mare commands her daughter, and the two make their way back to a trail that will lead them just shy of where the newcomer waits.

“Ah Hello!” Adria calls out from afar, steadily making her way down the dunes. Ionia keeps close, already used to the way the sand shifts and then grows more firm the closer they get to the ocean. “Welcome, welcome to Ischia.” She beams, eyes nearly glowing through the long strands of her forelock. As the two halt comfortably near Seale, the dame’s gaze turns inquisitive. Her lips jerk into a subtle arc.

“I am Adria, guardian of these waters, and this-” She reaches back to nudge the filly tucked into her shoulder, “-is Ionia, my youngest daughter.”

The ombre blue girl peers up at Seale with wide, crystalline white eyes. “Please, won’t you introduce yourself? Tell us why you’ve come?” Her mother asks.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Seale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lonely is her favorite place to be; any - by Adria - 05-22-2019, 08:21 PM