• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hollow riches

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

When the Queen arrives, she blends into the smooth landscape of the Cove as if she is no more than a boulder wasting away against the tide. Litotes watches her with solemn, contemplative eyes - somehow both brilliantly golden and roiling brown. The shadows deepen beneath the hard lines of his face when he cocks his head a centimeter to continue studying her. She is beautiful, and she belongs here, he thinks. A fierce and beautiful portrait from the cruel tip of her horn to the pale sway of her tail.

Of course, he is just barely able to note the blood darkening her hide. He remembers her scream, and his bemusement quickly washes away.

While it comes as a kind surprise that she offers an apology, another little portion of his heart still hardens. He may bring hardships upon himself, but he can no longer take apologies. Too many in too few days - they now fall hollow on jaded ears.

Litotes clears his throat and turns to stare pensively into the twinkling sky. Stars now dot the dark purple, tiny blips that remind the Archon of just how small he can be (so impossibly, numbingly small). He thinks he will fade into the sky like the glistening specks above - the weight of his desires will drift from his tense shoulders, the shackles will fall from his legs, the wounds that reopen all on their own will finally heal. He clears his throat again: not nervous, but almost mourning.

“Dawn,” he finally murmurs, eyes earnest when they fall on the queen. “I am not sure you need to apologize. You were only fierce in upholding your beliefs.” While he hardly knows the extent of her ideas, he is well-acquainted with her good-seeking behavior. It only made sense that she would side with the Tephrans. Unfortunately for them both, they seem to reside on opposite sides of the universe, and Litotes cannot seem to rid himself of the bitter taste of their differences on the back of his throat.

“I -” he pauses, “I did not come here to discuss what transpired between the three of us.” The mention of Kensa flashes bloody across his mind. “I want the seat of power in the East to be moved to Pangea. I have wanted it since I was held captive in Loess. I do not want to take you from the throne of the Cove. If you do not agree, then -” he sighs now, “- then this is my formal challenge. I thought it only right to discuss this with you face-to-face.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Dawn]

Messages In This Thread
    hollow riches - by litotes - 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM
    RE: hollow riches - by Dawn - 05-25-2019, 09:30 PM
    RE: hollow riches - by litotes - 05-28-2019, 11:01 PM
    RE: hollow riches - by Dawn - 05-30-2019, 11:10 PM
    RE: hollow riches - by litotes - 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM
    RE: hollow riches - by Dawn - 06-17-2019, 10:48 PM