• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone

Vadar

Seven characteristics are in an uncultivated person, and seven in a learned one

Would’ve, could’ve, should’ve.
    They’re all the same bastards throwing back long drinks at the same bar. Their passion is to haunt you and keep you from moving ahead, so Vadar likes to clink glasses with them and promptly move on. Which is exactly what he should be doing here, because when Dawn rises from the brink of that deep, endless void it’s obvious to Vadar who she is.
    Or really, who she was about an hour ago.

Do I lie? He contemplates in the moment between the unicorns hanging question and Caelestra’s offer to heal him. If they both knew he was the one responsible for nearly killing the Cove’s leader it would put him in a hairy situation. And he’s not exactly strong enough to escape their advances via mountain trekking. “Ahh… sure. Why not?” Vadar takes up Cael’s offer first, hiding his indecision with a well-tailored smile. It’s his old face that he puts now: the Vadar who was once meek and a bit shy. “Could be something internal or nothing at all. Better to be safe than sorry.”

He wants them to look at him and see nothing more than a pony stallion; a stout silver black, heavily feathered and just a bit odd-looking. A simple, unassuming random caught in the crossfire. Stiffly moving sideways, his eyes caught up in the wide sea channel past the bay, Vadar turns his head to address Dawn’s concerns. “I’m Vadar.” He tells them truthfully, since he’s never seen Dawn before the battle and he’s certainly never seen Caelestra in or around Pangea.

“I was nomadic traveling through Taiga when all the chaos pulled me in. Curiosity killed the kitten, etcetera.” He smirks, rugged enough that it could be plausible. The place where Cael touches tenses for a moment, and then relaxes. “Kind of worth it. Not everyday you get to see magic like that.”

When it feels as if the bear-shifter has finished, Vadar turns a curious and more inquisitive eye towards her. She’s a unique blend of peace and conflict, stamped with one constellation that reminds him of another star-girl. It’s imperative he remember her, should they ever cross paths again. “Thank you, not-Clayton.” He teases.

Info/Ref

@[Dawn] @[Caelestra]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone - by Vadar - 05-23-2019, 10:41 AM