• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to the hunt as I was to you; rey
    Beqanna is filled with the forgotten and I’m one of them. A non-immortal slut, wasting out her elder years in peaceful anonymity, the way I like it. And why shouldn’t I? I’ve done my part, contributed to the meaningless cycle everyone else around here seems driven to be a part of. I’ve whelped some kids with a King (more than most can say) and watched our eldest daughter ascend to a throne of her own birthright.

Nothing else was asked of me, so I did as I pleased.

Carnage giveth, but karma taketh away.

They are lucky that I travel on foot while the season is nice. Lucky to have found me when otherwise I would prefer not to be found. It is luck and nothing else that leads the chestnut stallion to me one evening in the forest, but I turn to look his accusation in the face and laugh aloud when he recognizes me.

Yes, my confidence soars. I see his little pet had survived.

The first of the wolves to attack snaps on empty air, and so does the second and third. We’ve played this game before, unless his companion animal had forgotten? It’s with blinding fury and deadly smug accuracy that I flick from here to there and back again, teleporting so quickly that I blink in and out of sight. He cannot -

“AAAAAAAUUUGHHHH!” My scream is bloodcurdling, high and filled with painful terror. I look back upon myself and notice that my body is cut in half by a young tree; I’ve miscalculated, teleported into something solid and now my innards are irrevocably cleaved from the inside out.

The wolves - his wolves - descend, and I’m lucky (so very, very lucky) to have them rip into me and finish the job so ravenously fast. My legs are torn asunder first, and then one leaps in for the deathblow, sinking into my throat to dangle and drag my head down. Pain, suffocation; these are my final friends and I welcome them as much as I had welcomed Bruise’s game those many years ago.

My lips bubble red with blood and I choke, going blind as a claw digs into my soft, fleshy eyeball. Then I am nothing, the same thing I’ve always been really. Nothing and no one, forever the end.

@[Daemron]
    Immune to The Plague
    Helped raise Pangea

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lost to the hunt as I was to you; rey - by Rey - 05-21-2019, 10:21 PM