• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But you don't fucking know me homie you don't want war.
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    He has no stake in this fight, except for that every magician in Beqanna must be aware now of what is happening, because the reverberations of magic across the land is jarring. He’s – asleep? No. That’s not right. He’s drifting, his mind somewhere out in the ocean, waiting. Waiting for the birth of this season’s children. Half of his attention on Galilee, with the dragon-girl growing inside her; and half on Adria, with the twins. It is with reluctance that he drags his attention back to the present, his hooves anchored on Nerine’s rocky shores, to the worried chirp of the parrot on his shoulder and the feel of a beak in his mane.

But the disturbance isn’t here, and neither is the fragile and wild magic. Most of what is going on is just angry, words and powers thrown around, but the one strand is new, and he’s curious as well as concerned. In the blink of an eye, Brennen, too, is in Tephra, apprising himself of the situation. It’s dark, not that that matters to Brennen, smoke rising into the dark, rain pouring around them. Tephra itself is relatively unimportant to the bay magician; but he knows his children use it as a nesting ground in the warmth around the volcano and he casts a stray thought towards the incline – there is an egg there but it is currently safe, with Grye standing nervous watch over it. As long as the volcano itself stays dormant, they’re safe.

He recognizes Castile in the sky, casts a curious thought around the dragon-man’s violence and wonders how it came to this. But he is not the source of the magic either. He heads in Leliana’s direction but the ground moves beneath his hooves and he whirls around, turning his furious amber eyes on the bay and moving to stand before him, several steps crossing a vast distance with a thought. “You’re either very brave or very arrogant, move earth around this close to a dormant volcano,” he doesn’t raise his voice – he doesn’t have to. The ice creeps around the edges and gets his feelings across just fine. Another heartbeat, another blink, and he is forced to acknowledge that the boy was just trying to help – to shelter some of them from the violence. Sometimes, he wishes he didn’t have a conscience. When he speaks again, his voice has softened just the tiniest sliver, the first sign of spring after a long cold winter. “Make sure you keep an eye on that volcano, after you shook the earth around the way you did.”

Brennen doesn’t stick around to see if Aziz listens to him. He sets his own sliver of attention on the volcano, ready to snatch his grandchildren off of it if necessary, and strides again across the earth, as if the rest of the chaos isn’t happening, to the magician. He’s never met her, this great-great-granddaughter of his, but he recognizes her. That had been the first thing he’d mastered with magic – he’d traced his family, touching them, learning them. He’s not sure how he feels that the first thing this descendent of his is being forced to master is protecting an entire Kingdom. And in that moment he doesn’t care that he might be stepping outside of his bounds, taken as a representative of a Kingdom he doubts even remembers he exists. This will not be all Leliana learns of magic. She will have a chance to learn the beauty of it.

If they make it to her, he will subconsciously fight them off. He has more practice, more control, and he’s plenty close to the water for all the power he needs to do it. In the meantime, Brennen steps into her line of sight slowly, not to startle, and reaches out without words. Words here would be a waste of breath. I can help you, he sends the words out mentally, feeling her bright gold power and her exhaustion. He offers her his own strength, opens his reservoir to her, and waits.

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

I mentioned @[Aziz] and @[leliana] specifically but whoever wants to interact go for it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But you don't fucking know me homie you don't want war. - by Brennen - 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM