• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But you don't fucking know me homie you don't want war.

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Luckily for Litotes, he is still within the grasp of Loess when Leliana first strikes. The cremello is settling into a discussion with his daughter when the ground begins to rumble. First there is fear, then there is acceptance, then there is nothing. He leaves Brunhilde to her own capable devices and rushes to where he thinks the three stallions he initially searched for reside.

The plan is simple: burn.

Of course Brunhilde wanted to go, but the Archon forbade her. As much as he would like to see his daughter setting fire to their enemies, he knows that she is far more useful razing the maze with that frightening nonchalance she possesses. And so, when night falls, he gathers his shadows around him and teleports to the border of Sylva and Loess.

Crickets chirp around him, buzzing in that monotonous way creatures do when they have no idea of the catastrophe ahead. Lie’s ears flick back and forth, golden eyes scanning the shadows he drags to his side for any form of life. So far, there is none, and he returns his gaze to the Tephra border. The hardy trees of Sylva are scattered against the tropical flowers on the border. The blues and purples and oranges pop out at him too brightly, so he swathes them in darkness and inches closer to Tephra.

Lie knows exactly what to do. He arrives much faster than the fire-breathers, but still he waits a few moments longer - waits for the signalling flap of their wings. A rush of wind passes over his head, the scent of brimstone passes over his nostrils.

Darkness falls on Tephra.

Every ounce of strength the Archon possesses is thrust headlong into his magic. A wall of shadow wraps around Tephra, then spreads across its land in inky blackness. Litotes focuses, sweat breaks out on the sides of his face, but he sends his power into the faces of every Tephran resident. Yellow-eyed shadow creatures dart and hiss across the landscape, billowy black fog floats just thick enough to make it hard to see.

All the while, Loess lights up Tephra with fire.

Each explosion reflects like fireworks in his eyes. He feels fear for the innocent, but awe for their combined power. When his strength wanes, another flash of his comrades passes in the sky, and he is renewed.

Let them burn blindly in the night.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

feel free to powerplay any shadow creatures being evil or any shadows at all being evil

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But you don't fucking know me homie you don't want war. - by litotes - 05-14-2019, 11:45 PM