• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  birth::a single flame can penetrate the darkest darkness; until it blows out; Raed
    I failed her. My body failed her. Maybe if I had been more careful, if I hadn't have given into the plague so easily. I should have paid closer attention to her movements, gone to the mountain as soon as I had noticed her lack of movements. I could have begged the fairies to do something.  This is all my fault. the sound of her name pulled on the only string to consciousness that she had. Raed. His voice was a single life preserver among an endless darkness threatening to take Lethy away.

His lips found her neck quickening her sorrowful heart enough to pull her from the void she was slipping into. Her eyes fluttered open to land upon on his. Her body was filled with exhaustion from the remnants of plague and the newness of giving birth. She struggled to find her feet and when she did she leaned into Raed, breathing him in one last time before preparing herself to turn around. She didn't know if she could handle what she already knew to be true.

Lethy swung her neck around taking in the small gold and blue filly. She walked ever so carefully to her hoping that this was all just a dream. She nuzzled her baby's golden cheeks just one breath, that's all you need she thought to herself, knowing it would never happen. Grief gripped her heart once more, cracking it into thousands of pieces. she's gone she said absently her breath hitching in her lungs daring her to break. They are all.. gone she said again still looking down at her child. Her voice became harder as the finality of it all took hold of her. She turned and walked away from the lost filly, stopping only to embrace Raed one last time I am sorry she whispered any and all signs of emotion slowly being packed away to be forgot, all except for the blame she's placed upon herself. This day will forever break her over and over again. And with that she took off along the river, away from her failures, and away from the only life line she had, Raed. She did not want to pull anyone down this self destructive path with her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: birth::a single flame can penetrate the darkest darkness; until it blows out; Raed - by Izora Lethia - 05-13-2019, 12:23 PM