• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  at the barricades
    The dun stallion nods eagerly at Litotes certainty. He values the opinion of the former Marauder despite the fact that the older stallion has left Loess for Pangea.

“Just with my parents,” Pteron answers. “I wasn’t sure if I was ready for a real mock battle.” Even as he says it, the excuse sounds silly. A real mock? When a mock is not even a real battle? Perhaps he has simply been reluctant to test his own mettle, to see how he might stand against a warrior that is less inclined to coddle him than his mother and father. They do not do so, of course, and truly consider him skilled, but with no evidence otherwise Pteron leans toward doubt.

There is clearly something else on the cremello stallion’s mind and so Pteron remains quiet a moment longer, allowing him to speak. Litotes mentions war, and Pteron’s blue-tipped ears flick forward. He’d heard it only in hushed whispers before; to be told directly is unexpected. The idea of war fades in the shadow of the Archon’s offer to mock, and Pteron stands a bit taller in anticipation.

“I’d like that.” he replies without hesitation. And then, with a quick grin because they both know Litotes would be the victor, adds: “I promise to take it easy on you.”

@[Litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    at the barricades - by litotes - 05-09-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: at the barricades - by Pteron - 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
    RE: at the barricades - by litotes - 05-12-2019, 07:37 PM
    RE: at the barricades - by Pteron - 05-13-2019, 07:30 AM