• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  back to your roots; any

He has often found himself turning back to memories that lead him back to his childhood. Some would have called it simpler times considering how old he was, but Astrophel only feels like it was yesterday he was just within the Dale. Much like @[Isilya], Astrophel didn’t really know how many years have passed since he returned to Beqanna. There were many birthdays missed and eventful milestones of his life he should have already lived. However, he simply returned as he was the day he left—young, naïve, and eager.

Astrophel takes note of the way the flower mare’s expression changes. It is the same look he has when he turns back to see his own memories—the days where living life had been much simpler than it is now. He doesn’t focus on those simpler times. Every part of his focus is placed onto Isilya, listening to the days of a world that is far from them now. He smiles softly as she speaks about the mountains, but his jaw drops in surprise as she mentions the Dale (the very place he had called home himself too!).

He doesn’t interrupt her though. Astorphel can only smile more—a joyous expression reaching across his face widely now. Every part of the flower mare’s memory about the neutral kingdom was vivid. It almost felt like he was there yesterday. The star boy could almost feel it now—the mountain air, sparkling water, and abundant plants and flowers across the land. He could see his palomino winged father there now. Perhaps teaching him something about the world and all the glory that it held.

At the sound of her voice, he is pulled back for his own little revere. A shy smile tugs on his cream stained lips as he meets her green-and-gold gaze. “I wish it was!” he replies back, “I would give anything in the world to see it once more.” Astrophel considered for a moment giving up the very magic that bursts through his veins. “The Dale was my home as well!” The sound of excitement begins to increase as he speaks. “My father raised me there while he ruled over the Dale.” He pauses for a moment, reminiscing the days back then.

“The mountains were so amazing back then,” Astrophel can almost picture them again. Looking up to them from the bottom had always made him feel so small. “They were so gigantic and marvelous. I don’t think I have ever seen mountains so grand since then.” He considers the mountains he has seen so far in the new world of Beqanna. The volcano in Tephra comes to his mind, but he also wonders if any other parts of Beqanna would be close to the home they both had known.

“Tephra has a beautiful volcano and terrain.” His blue eyes turn towards the mountain that is within the distance. The mountain where the fairies live is tall and strong compared to the range of mountains that spread across the horizon from his viewpoint. “I think there is perhaps a place some others live at that has lots of mountains…” Astrophel trails off as he searches his thoughts for the name of the land. “I think they call it Hyaline.” He shrugs his shoulder slightly at his prediction and focuses his gaze back onto the flower mare.
    [Image: ioPeFeU.png]
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    back to your roots; any - by Isilya - 05-07-2019, 09:35 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Astrophel - 05-08-2019, 12:59 AM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Isilya - 05-08-2019, 07:34 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Astrophel - 06-08-2019, 01:30 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Isilya - 06-20-2019, 06:47 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Astrophel - 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Isilya - 07-26-2019, 06:04 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Astrophel - 08-22-2019, 05:56 PM
    RE: back to your roots; any - by Isilya - 09-08-2019, 07:53 PM