• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Leliana, Any)

-Adria-

A shudder of grass, green waves that quiver and draw Adria’s eye down in curiosity, and when she looks up again delicate hooves are touching the earth and eyes like fire are staring at her, staring into her so hard and so focused that it’s hard to maintain contact even though she does. Sweet Adria does, because so much depends on her doing so.

The mare speaks and only then does the Nereid avert her ochre stare. It falls in reverence to a being ten times more beautiful, a thousand times more powerful, and infinitely more knowledgeable though Leliana explains this to her. It’s polite, but unnecessary. Anyone could feel the truth of it. “Surely the pleasure is mine.” Adria replies, her usual common tongue forgotten so she speaks wholly in the tongue of an islander. Queen Leliana would need no translation nor would she hear the words in another language. Adria is practically sure of it.

The seamare must be careful now, so careful! Tender so as not offend but strong so as not to seem weak, though she already senses that her ruler perhaps knows everything behind her visit. Flowers fall to the earth at the volcanic mare’s feet, where the downcast head of a water horse can see them, and the silence grows for a few seconds.

“My bloodline has always run through the waters of this kingdom. I would pledge myself to you and ask only this,” Adria requests, feeling her ancestors cry out for justice in her bones, (Circinae hear me, Nyxa give me strength!) “That Ischia become a herdland of refuge in Tephra’s name, and that it respectfully be returned to my guardianship.” She finishes, heart thundering in her chest.

Her head rises so that Leliana can see the truth. Three generations of females who have kept watch over the Island, wanted or not, and soon (as the life within her kicks hopefully) a fourth.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Leliana] The new rules require officer permission, but I figured in-game she could ask before sending off the official request OOC - depending on Leliana's reply of course.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Leliana, Any) - by Adria - 05-08-2019, 12:09 PM