• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, starsin.
    Ophanim
    Ophanim never learned how to be angry or what it’s like to develop a ravenous hunger for revenge. The majority of his days are filled with joy over having a beautiful wife who confesses she loves him as she’s falling asleep next to him, having a son any father would be proud to have. There are melancholy hours peppered in here and there as he laments his undeserving good fortune. He can’t relate to the rage broiling under her skin but he can relate to the shame pulsing through her veins like ink. Maybe he could learn hate but only for making her feel the awful dread that comes with being caught.

He shakes his head when she tries to convince him there is nothing to apologize for. It’s a lie. There’s so much, so much that he should get on his knees and grovel for. Starsin is only trying to comfort him because her heart is too soft for a boy like him – an angel with bruised wings and a crooked halo. Still, he leans into her kiss and sighs softly at her gentle love. But her words are like a thumb pressed hard into those fresh bruises and he winces at the pain.

Still, he could never shame her. He loves her too much to ever ask her to give up her freedom.

No, I hurt you more than you could ever hurt me,” he says in a voice drenched is remorse. “You’ve given me a perfect son and what have I done in return?

He laughs softly to keep from crying over the misery trying to sink its teeth into him but it just inches closer to the core of him. Ophanim steps closer to her once more and buries his face in her mane. This is the only place that feels safe to him anymore and he’s clinging to her like his life depends on it. Still, even curled up in the safety of her embrace, he wonders what the other man was like. Was he more handsome than Ophanim? Was he stronger and smarter?

Would she leave him for this other man? His breath shudders and threatens to unleash all the tears he’s been holding back since he first smelled him on her skin. The precious curves of her body were his and his alone, he thinks. His to worship and adore, to map with his lips and caresses. Somewhere deep in the molten core of who he is, anger finds soil to take root. He can’t feel it now but it will bide its time until it’s ready to flourish into life. Until then, it soaks up the fire in his lungs learns how to burn through him as his love for her does.

You are still the reason I get up in the morning. I don’t feel real when you aren’t with me, Starsin,” he murmurs as he kisses against her skin.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, starsin. - by Ophanim - 05-07-2019, 11:39 PM