• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so bring me the dawn

just let me cry, a little bit longer
    i ain’t gonna smile if i don’t want to

She has survived the plague, with neither her nor either of her children getting sick. She still isn’t quite sure how, but the plague is ended, and with it, their year of training for a crown is beginning to come to an end. How she has made it through the year in one piece, she doesn’t know if she’ll ever understand, but she has come to accept the toll it has taken on her. She wonders if the sadness that has settled in her chest will ever fully dissipate; so far, it seems things swing upwards for a moment, then come crashing back down. She survived the plague, but she has lost so much in the process.

Ilma has wanted to travel to Tephra for some time now, she knows, and when she sees the interim queen wing her way westward, she knows that is where the white woman is headed. She sets off immediately – slowly because of her impeding foal – in a westerly direction, knowing full well that she is going to have to skirt the borders of Loess and the other southern territories. She has business there soon enough, but she sets it to the side for now; it can wait until she has received her crown from Ilma, and until the girls are old enough to be properly introduced to neighboring lands.

Her travel doesn’t take her too terribly long, and when she reaches Tephra, she sees the small group beginning to gather. The golden man who exudes power must be Magnus, but there is a woman alongside him that seems to burn with energy, her eyes glowing with a power that cannot be explained by mere words. Dawn stops short in her approach, but remembers that she is soon to be equals with the leader of Tephra, whom it now appears is this woman. She has nothing to fear, if the West is as peaceful as Ilma makes them seem.

The woman speaks of Loess, and Dawn’s ears flatten against her head, distaste creeping up her throat. She is not happy with their actions – none of them in the East are. She wants to try and curb their behavior at least diplomatically, but she does not know if it will be of any use. Things may come to war after all, as much as she does not want it.

“We do not stand with Loess in any regard,” she says, stepping forward as she finds her voice. Leliana will see her mother in the way she holds her head high, blonde mane flying back as the breeze tugs at it. Her eyes sparkle with anger as she things of young Oriash, stolen away by their so-called dragon king. “Loess has wronged more than just you. They took one of my daughters from me, and hid away my mother. I cannot and will not stand for it.”

Dawn

i just killed off what was left of the optimist in me

it would take too long to tag everyone but hi
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    so bring me the dawn - by magnus - 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by leliana - 05-03-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Ilma - 05-07-2019, 01:17 AM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Jakub - 05-07-2019, 12:26 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by leliana - 05-07-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Dawn - 05-07-2019, 11:06 PM
    RE: so bring me the dawn - by Ilma - 05-09-2019, 03:51 AM